Obi M..... | The Boneyard

Obi M.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
....is still learning out there, but little doubt in my mind that he is going to be a special athlete for UCONN. Wondering if he's got room for another 15-20 LBs and can move to a LB slot later in his career. Might be interesting to see what he could do from that part of the field.

Reaction Score
....is still learning out there, but little doubt in my mind that he is going to be a special athlete for UCONN. Wondering if he's got room for another 15-20 LBs and can move to a LB slot later in his career. Might be interesting to see what he could do from that part of the field.
Ashiru showed me a lot more than Graham Stewart has. Maybe there was a reason Florida had no problem with Stewart leaving.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree with the Obi / Ashiru observations. Both strike me as real players.

As for Stewart, I think he will come along. He's a great athlete, and I think he'll settle into it sooner rather than later. It's always nice to have a four man rotation at the LB spots where all four are solid players. The LB's are really coming along, IMHO...

Reaction Score
I agree with the Obi / Ashiru observations. Both strike me as real players.

As for Stewart, I think he will come along. He's a great athlete, and I think he'll settle into it sooner rather than later. It's always nice to have a four man rotation at the LB spots where all four are solid players. The LB's are really coming along, IMHO...

Keep in mind, he is recovering from a significant injury.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, he is recovering from a significant injury.

That's a great point. I'm not sure how long it takes to fully recover from a pectoral tear. It sounds like it would be something that takes a while. I'm confident he's going to become a very good one before his UConn career is over...

Reaction Score
I've mentioned it before, but if you watched the spring game, and then you see what Donahue and Stewart have looked like to this point and you shake your head wondering how Stewart and Donahue could have beaten out Ashiru and Vann.

Obi is learning on the fly but there is no denying he is always one of the best athletes on the field. He needs to work on taking better angles or better yet, he should coached on this.

Reaction Score

Had the same thought.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've got a few "favorites" on D but Melifonwu is definitely up there. Kid just seems to be everywhere - always in on the action.

Reaction Score
Help us Obi-wu, you're our only hope
470_2601858.jpg

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Help us Obi-wu, you're our only hope
470_2601858.jpg

Obi-wu? I wonder if he means old Ben Melifonwu?

(yes....yes I did just make a ridiculously nerdy Star Wars joke to follow up on a nerdy Star Wars joke...) ;)

Reaction Score
LB is an easier position to play than Safety. I hope he stays at safety, and progresses from where he is now. He's already pretty darn good as a 1st year player.
He can be an NFL Safety with his size & athleticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22