O', to just go bowling again.. | The Boneyard

O', to just go bowling again..

Reaction Score
was watching the LA-Lafayatte/Miami(OH) game last night... Man I wish we were in one of these bowl games.. Pretty decent game that was last night up and until Miami (OH) botched the snap on the 3rd & Goal play late in the 4th quarter...

Just sayin, hopefully Edsall & Co can get us back to doing just that and only that for a little bit... Rebuild that momentum... Players (I'm talking transfer portal 4 and maybe 5 stars... not pushing for those kids much coming straight out of HS) will come...

Besides, it will be wayyyy better having 6 to 9 win seasons on the regular than what we've endured this last decade. That's a competitive program folks...

I think we tried to take too big a leap and didn't know crap about how to do it... No, I know we did just that....

Just sayin...

Anybody with me?

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone knew at the time we made the leap how big of a leap it was going to be until it was already done.

At the time the Big East was a football powerhouse with Miami, BC, WV, Pitt, etc. Times were good.

Edsall leaving coupled with CR hurt us. Any chance of prestige floated away and earning it back is going to take time.

I think we’ll get there every once in a while but I don’t see this program rolling winning seasons over and over is possible again without an exciting coach behind the wheel. Even then it will likely be a stepping stone job that requires another rebuild.

Reaction Score
No attack ktuck911 but this would make a great short video script. You sound like you are drunk and still drinking, talking to the guy in the mirror behind the lined up bottles at the bar. Then you turn around and see the bar is empty but still holler "anybody with me?"

Kidding aside who that comes to this forum would not like more wins every year?
Who would not like to see a bowl game every year?
Who would not like to see fannies in the seats again?
As for too big a leap, nothing ventured nothing gained. Now sober up and realize this thread has been hashed over a hundred times already. ;)

Reaction Score
Very few of us would attend these goofy bowl games like the Lending Tree Bowl last night in Mobile, AL. No one cares and the players would rather be home for the holidays. You need to be New Years Day or just before it to get fans excited. Spend $1500 to see that stuff?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Very few of us would attend these goofy bowl games like the Lending Tree Bowl last night in Mobile, AL. No one cares and the players would rather be home for the holidays. You need to be New Years Day or just before it to get fans excited. Spend $1500 to see that stuff?

No but they would attend bowls at Yankkes stadium, Fenway, Annapolis, Wash DC, Detroit and several other bowls.
There isn't much reason for any fanbase to visit Mobile for a bowl game unless it's within driving distance.

Reaction Score
was watching the LA-Lafayatte/Miami(OH) game last night... Man I wish we were in one of these bowl games.. Pretty decent game that was last night up and until Miami (OH) botched the snap on the 3rd & Goal play late in the 4th quarter...

Just sayin, hopefully Edsall & Co can get us back to doing just that and only that for a little bit... Rebuild that momentum... Players (I'm talking transfer portal 4 and maybe 5 stars... not pushing for those kids much coming straight out of HS) will come...

Besides, it will be wayyyy better having 6 to 9 win seasons on the regular than what we've endured this last decade. That's a competitive program folks...

I think we tried to take too big a leap and didn't know crap about how to do it... No, I know we did just that....

Just sayin...

Anybody with me?
Interesting. The MAC East winner at 8-6 vs. Sun Belt West winner at 11-3. It would (should) be easier to earn a winning schedule in one of those conferences than with the 2020 schedule. Illinois, Virginia, Indiana, Ole Miss, UNC. The rest isn't too shabby either. A far better schedule than the critics predicted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom