O.T. Your must see football games today? | The Boneyard

O.T. Your must see football games today?

Reaction Score
Mine are Army/Michigan.....CLemson and the Aggies....LSU/Texas......and tops of all, PSU/Buffalo.

Do not watch the pros on Sunday, with one exception: The Pats.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Army - Michigan the only competitive game in the early slate. 14-14 with 7' left in Q4. Both teams making big boo boos.

Reaction Score
Army - Michigan the only competitive game in the early slate. 14-14 with 7' left in Q4. Both teams making big boo boos.

Glad you are watching that one, as we are here. Note that we have several games taped up though, so best if you don't tell SCORES this early in the afternoon. Thanks...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Sorry about that. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Sorry about that. Enjoy.

eebmg: Thanks. Hope you are seeing some of these. Even UCONN against the Fighting Illini has some interesting moments. Gettin ready for our Clemson tape now. You enjoy as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Nah. In US Open mode now.

Reaction Score
Watching the Clemson game. I saw them beat Alabama and my interest is in future pros. Today the Clemson QB, who is the qb I wanted the Giants to get, is having a real nice game but his receivers have won every battle while the TAMU qb is throwing a lot of nice passes but his receivers today seem to all have "manos de piedra".

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
None: Why is Bama playing New Mexico St and Georgia is playing Murray St? The SEC needs to go to Nine Conference games, instead of Eight to eliminate the Cupcakes that most play during the year. Bams still has to play Western Carolina the week before they play Auburn. Georgia plays Arkansas St next week. Bama and Georgia don't play in the Regular Season this year. Perhaps if the SEC played Nine Conference games, they would play more frequently during the season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
But the SEC is SO tough, they can't possibly be expected to play 9 games against each other. That would just be too hard. (engage sarcasm meter)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was flipping channels and caught parts of several games. I thought Colorado was done when Nebraska went up 7 w/ 5 minutes left and the Buffs fumbled on the ensuing kickoff return. Left for a while, surprised to see Colorado came back and won in OT.

Hey, a Pac 12 team beat a ranked opponent, I didn't think that was possible!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was flipping channels and caught parts of several games. I thought Colorado was done when Nebraska went up 7 w/ 5 minutes left and the Buffs fumbled on the ensuing kickoff return. Left for a while, surprised to see Colorado came back and won in OT.

Hey, a Pac 12 team beat a ranked opponent, I didn't think that was possible!

Nebraska was overrated though.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess it is late enough so I am not spoiling. Army 2OT loss to Michigan was the game to see. Hoping Army could pull it out over Harbaugh. In fact, Army had a 50 yd FG attempt to take the game (tied 14-14 at the time) as time was running out. The freshman kicker (first kick ever) just barely missed it.

Of course, Army was lucky to be in the position since Michigan kept shooting themselves in the foot. And Army could not pass the ball (only 4 attempts all game)

It should be a catastrophe when they play Ohio State.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It should be a catastrophe when they play Ohio State.

I'm shocked at Harbaugh's tenure in Ann Arbor. He turned Stanford into a powerhouse after they'd been down in the dumps, had the Niners competing for Division titles most years. I thought returning to his alma mater would be a slam dunk.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thought maybe TN / BYU could be entertaining if TN had another clusterf**k but
they seem to be playing better. Leading 10-3 in 2Q (just kicked a 51 Yard FG) :(

Reaction Score
Was also rooting for Army. Though in their long history they've had some passers, it's been a VERY loooong time since they've had any kind of a passing attack. And I don't think their coach is going to be trying to feature one any time soon.

Reaction Score
ANy body notice that UCONN football has a shot at victory over a Big Ten club???

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
In my personal opinion........... Mississippi State/Southern Miss (though that's obvious) and LSU/Texas are the 2 I'm watching.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LSU/Texas are the 2 I'm watching.

Before the game, some LSU players were strutting around the field bare chested and doing a lot of whoofin'. Really off putting to me. Maybe that's normal but I doubt it.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
But the SEC is SO tough, they can't possibly be expected to play 9 games against each other. That would just be too hard. (engage sarcasm meter)

Now I agree the Pac-12 is better than the SEC in women's basketball, but they walk all over the Pac-12 in football. Playing 8 games in conference or not.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Now I agree the Pac-12 is better than the SEC in women's basketball, but they walk all over the Pac-12 in football. Playing 8 games in conference or not.

The Pac 12 has been woeful in football in recent years, I won't even attempt to argue otherwise.

I think the SEC is really top heavy in football. Some of the teams just aren't that good. Alabama has been dominant for a long time, but I think in general terms the SEC is a bit overrated. Week 1 was fairly unimpressive. Losses to Memphis, Wyoming and Georgia St. by conference members. The Pac 12 would get killed by pundits for those types of losses, but the SEC's reputation seems to be unassailable to the talking heads.

Of course Auburn beating Oregon (and Washington last year) doesn't bode well for the Pac. But I'm not remotely trying to argue the Pac is better than the SEC. Just that the SEC isn't as good as most people assume it is every year.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Well... I got to hand it to my 1/3 alma-mater Texas. (I earned about 40 credits there) Austin can definitely celebrate. I've rarely seen such an excited football fanbase.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang it, Washington vs. Cal just got underway and we have a weather delay. Rain isn't unusual here but apparently there is some thunder/lightning. Camera crews were pulled off the field during a commercial break, then the players were heading for the tunnels. Not sure if they are going to clear the fans out of the stadium or if they are on their own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom