O.T. - Why Why Why ? | The Boneyard

O.T. - Why Why Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is there no thread on last nights ESPNs 30 for 30 on the Nancy Kerrigan - Tonya Harding story. The report was very well done, lots of video of both skaters at all ages, current and historic interviews, etc. Kerrigan declined to be part of the piece, but Harding cooperated and put her spin on everything that happened.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tabloid piece by ESPN.

The smartest one of all is Nancy Kerrigan. She declined to be part of this.

Tonya Harding came off as a bitter person whose world was taken from her for no reason. Nothing was her fault.

Reaction Score
Agree with Ice and Husky. Ignore them and hope they go away quietly. Unlike the first time around. Wasn't that more than enough ?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And Why Why Why did you not mark this Off -Topic?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
never been there, there are a few OT threads here
Sorry. Should have put a smiley face. No big deal but, marking OT subject does help.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
is there no thread on last nights ESPNs 30 for 30 on the Nancy Kerrigan - Tonya Harding story. The report was very well done, lots of video of both skaters at all ages, current and historic interviews, etc. Kerrigan declined to be part of the piece, but Harding cooperated and put her spin on everything that happened.
Never liked Kerrigan. Always seemed like a whiny spoiled little brat (not really a brat, but something else that started with a B). (never met her, it's just the way she came off to me)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tabloid piece by ESPN.

The smartest one of all is Nancy Kerrigan. She declined to be part of this.

Tonya Harding came off as a bitter person whose world was taken from her for no reason. Nothing was her fault.
All 30 for 30s are pretty much tabloid pieces. I think it is easily forgotten how big of a deal this really was. At for us in Massachusetts. Nothing could have better for the Olympics though.

I only watched half hour the show, but what stood out was confirmation of why I find it so difficult to consider competitions, who's outcomes rely so heavily on subjective judging to be sports. It was when Harding was told by a judge that if she ever wore her pink costume again, she would never again be allowed to skate in a US Championship.

Reaction Score
All 30 for 30s are pretty much tabloid pieces. I think it is easily forgotten how big of a deal this really was. At for us in Massachusetts. Nothing could have better for the Olympics though.

I only watched half hour the show, but what stood out was confirmation of why I find it so difficult to consider competitions, who's outcomes rely so heavily on subjective judging to be sports. It was when Harding was told by a judge that if she ever wore her pink costume again, she would never again be allowed to skate in a US Championship.

I couldn't agree more about the highlighted text. The participants are incredible athletes but the "competition" isn't sport in my opinion. I find it discouraging that the Olympics appears to be hell-bent on including more "Miss America" offerings rather than encouraging sport. Is "swifter, higher, stronger" out of style?

Reaction Score

and the rest of the story was: Harding said #@%& to the judge, she had made the outfit, she could not afford to spend thousands on an outfit. I would have been livid too.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

And if one has followed ice skating for any time, you know that sometimes the outcome is predetermined regardless of the actual competition. Judges have their agendas and don't you dare cross them.

I don't blameHarding for telling a judge were to get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom