O.T. Vacation | The Boneyard

O.T. Vacation

Reaction Score
Either Maine (likely Ogunquit) or up to Quebec to see whale watching in Tadoussac (NE of Quebec City on St. Lawrence). Whale watching is supposed to be great but it's a long drive. Just 4 or 5 days and then finish week off at home.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Living in Florida in our community is like being vacation 24/7/365.

That being said, we are heading for Clearwater Beach for the end of July for the wife's birthday and our anniversary. The next vacation will be December/ January. 10 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Panama Canal and back. New Year's Eve on the high seas!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well technically it was still late spring, but I went down to Hilton Head/Bluffton last month. First time ever visiting the area, enjoyable trip (even though I went with a UNC fan):eek::eek::eek::eek: .

Took the ferry over to Daufuskie island, and took a great tour... got to drive around the island in a golf cart. Old Town Bluffton was nice, went over to Savannah for an afternoon... found a great Soul Food restaurant.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really miss foreign travel, but I am not yet ready to face planes and all the various and constantly changing threats/restrictions. Even within the US I am leery of variations in population and attitudes so am staying in New England where high vaccination rates and continued masking are the general rule. Cousins and a sister both live in rural communities so CT (home) and NH and VT are my world at the moment and mostly home cooking and very small gatherings of family. Have lasted 18 months, can do another few more with confined travel until there is more clarity on the global situation.

Reaction Score
I'm lucky enough to be sneaking away to Seattle. Such a shame it's not basketball season, but I'll have some oysters for you all and a toast to a fantastic season last year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I haven't seen most of my family in two years. I'll be driving from Maryland up to Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine to visit all my siblings and my folks. I'm not only a caboose, but also an outlier. We decided not to even try Acadia this year. I'm sure the place is an absolute zoo.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm lucky enough to be sneaking away to Seattle. Such a shame it's not basketball season, but I'll have some oysters for you all and a toast to a fantastic season last year.
I hope you toast with some local beer. The Pacific Northwest certainly has plenty to choose from.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm booked for a solo trip to France and Italy in September. Fingers crossed that it happens! (Original booking with Brit Air which would have included England as well was cancelled, so I rebooked without the UK on Delta)

Reaction Score
We are making our annual trip to the Outer Banks next week. Adding a trip to Montana for a wedding in September and adding on a few days to see that part of the country as we have never been there.

Reaction Score
Wife and I have been doing various 1 and 2 day staycations on the California coast. We usually look for a boutique type hotel and try to find outdoor live entertainment. So far we’ve done Santa Monica, Malibu, Huntington Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, San Diego and Encinitas. Planning to venture up north in the coming months.

Reaction Score
I went to Texas to visit my daughter in the beginning of April. My daughter is coming home the end of July. We are hitting up the Jersey Shore the first week of August.

Reaction Score
In the last 6 months we’ve been to Mexico twice and Myrtle Beach once. Heading back to South Carolina in September.

Reaction Score
Made it to Yellowstone and the Tetons in early May before the major crowds hit. We're planning on SE Utah in late September and early October for some serious astrophotography - looking forward to it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No plans for this year but... Next year I will be back in CT for either the BET or the regionals. It gives me a good chance to see my family, and reconnect with BY friends.

Also next year will be the US National Team competing in the World Cup in Australia. Planning on taking that trip as well along with @MilfordHusky, and maybe a few other BY'ers...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
No plans for this year but... Next year I will be back in CT for either the BET or the regionals. It gives me a good chance to see my family, and reconnect with BY friends.

Also next year will be the US National Team competing in the World Cup in Australia. Planning on taking that trip as well along with @MilfordHusky, and maybe a few other BY'ers...
I might be taking that same trip to Oz. I think it is in September. I was in Sydney in 2006 and loved it. Plus you do not need a car to get around.

Reaction Score
Going for a ride on Rt 40/old Rt 66. Going to hit 3 National Parks we haven't seen yet, Hot Springs, Petrified Forest, and White Sands. We have been close to all three, but the timing was off. Those 3 will bring our National Park total to 50.

Then we're going to swing back to Dallas and see the New ballpark in Arlington. That's the only ball park we have not seen

Reaction Score
Going to Tennessee. Covid ain't stopping me this year. Last year was the first time I couldn't make the trip to Tennessee in 14 years!! Gotta get me some Memphis BBQ!! Plus the wife has to see her family. Me? I can do without seeing them rascals but it allows me the chance to kick it at the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame (Knoxville).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom