O.T. Steve Jobs has died - End of an era for sure [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

O.T. Steve Jobs has died - End of an era for sure [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
This isn't basketball news -- but he has touched all of our lives.

His contribution to the computer world (more than 200 patents on inventions like icons and touch screen scrolling) has helped us all to see more basketball in more ways from all over the world.

Thanks, Steve

RIP

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reading this on my iPhone, I have to agree.

He was unwavering in his vision and built, rescued, and rebuilt an American icon of a company.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A man with a vision. He will always be one of the icons of American technology. RIP Steve.

Send from my Mac!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One of the great CEOs and marketers. Apple was able to make technology appealing, accessible, and usable for the masses, and it was Jobs's vision who made it thusly.

In the contemporary era, if he wasn't the greatest CEO, it doesn't take long to call roll (maybe Bill Gates or Jack Welch- apples and oranges comparisons in both cases).

It'll be very interesting to see what happens to Apple over the next several years. Did he leave a legacy that can be carried forward, or was the equity Apple built over the past ten years especially his vision primarily?

In either case, RIP to Jobs, and best wishes to his family and friends.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
One of the great CEOs and marketers. Apple was able to make technology appealing, accessible, and usable for the masses, and it was Jobs's vision who made it thusly.

In the contemporary era, if he wasn't the greatest CEO, it doesn't take long to call roll (maybe Bill Gates or Jack Welch- apples and oranges comparisons in both cases).

It'll be very interesting to see what happens to Apple over the next several years. Did he leave a legacy that can be carried forward, or was the equity Apple built over the past ten years especially his vision primarily?

In either case, RIP to Jobs, and best wishes to his family and friends.

CEOs blend 'leader' and 'manager' in different proportions depending on the company and depending upon the moment. While I don't pretend to know the nitty-gritty of Jobs' management style at any of his firms (aside from the famous tirades or the 'reality distortion field'), the fact that he was an extraordinary company leader seems pretty much assured. I'm not sure how well he could have led a company like GE, or even Microsoft, but he absolutely *was* Apple Computer, Inc. It remains to be seen how the company will do in the future but I think Steve did what he could to leave the company with a lot of talent, a strong identity, and a truly incredible brand.

Reaction Score
He was truly the visionary of my generation and changed the world. He will be sorely missed and I hope his family will find some comfort, knowing he no longer suffers.

thanks Steve. RIP

a mac user since 1984...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
After a 20 year sojourn into the world of PCs because the community, the schools, and the church I serve were all PC based I returned to Apple products. It started with my first iPod and eventually my iPhone. Both were so organic to use and without the hassles of crashes and other software conflicts they were a joy. Cheaper is often not better and certainly not easier. A year ago I bought my MacBook Pro and this past spring my iPad 2. Everything "Just Does" what I need. I guess I've drank but sometimes it isn't poisoned, sometimes it is just sweet.

I am deeply thankful for Steve Jobs vision and his ability to lead brilliant people to accomplish that vision.

Blessings to Steve's family and all those who knew him and loved him. Their loss is far greater than mine and I pray they can find comfort in Steve's peace.

Sent from my iPad.

Reaction Score
Ditto to all that has been posted. Over 99% of the world will never master computer programming. Steve Jobs created a world where that 99% will still be able to use a computer for a variety of applications.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Many people overlook his involvement in Pixar. A true genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom