O/T: Star Wars: Episode IX’: Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ | The Boneyard

O/T: Star Wars: Episode IX’: Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For all of you trekkies science fiction fans, the first look at “Star Wars: Episode IX,” called “The Rise of Skywalker,” has been released. Star Wars: Episode IX” hits theaters on Dec. 20. :)

[LINK]

The trailer was revealed to fans during an “Episode IX” panel at the Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago. Director J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were on hand to make the announcement on Friday. Stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and newcomer Naomi Ackie were also in attendance.

The main cast of Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Adam Driver is all set to return for the finale of the new trilogy. Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, and Naomi Ackie will join the “Star Wars” family in the newest film, and Billy Dee Williams will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

Even though Luke Skywalker seemingly died in “The Last Jedi,” Mark Hamill is planned to come back for “Episode IX,” and unreleased footage of Carrie Fisher’s Leia Organa will reportedly be used after the actress died in late 2016.

The film will wrap up the Skywalker family saga more than 40 years after George Lucas’ original “Star Wars” hit theaters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thanks but Trekkies? You blaspheme!
Actually, that is a great point, @Scoop has confused his themes:
Trekkies are Star Trek fans which SHOULD NOT be confused with Star Wars fans.

The term is not interchangeable between them and implying so especially with May 4th upon us, will only ensure the force will NOT be with you! In this case, Scoop did not completely live us to his meme...but he has time to correct it.:rolleyes:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Y'all should all live long and prosper.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Actually, that is a great point, @Scoop has confused his themes:
Trekkies are Star Trek fans which SHOULD NOT be confused with Star Wars fans.

:) Yeah, try going to a ComicCon type of event and call a group of Star Wars fans Trekkies, see what happens. Thems fightin' words.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For all of you trekkies science fiction fans, the first look at “Star Wars: Episode IX,” called “The Rise of Skywalker,” has been released. Star Wars: Episode IX” hits theaters on Dec. 20. :)

[LINK]

The trailer was revealed to fans during an “Episode IX” panel at the Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago. Director J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were on hand to make the announcement on Friday. Stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and newcomer Naomi Ackie were also in attendance.

The main cast of Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Adam Driver is all set to return for the finale of the new trilogy. Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, and Naomi Ackie will join the “Star Wars” family in the newest film, and Billy Dee Williams will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

Even though Luke Skywalker seemingly died in “The Last Jedi,” Mark Hamill is planned to come back for “Episode IX,” and unreleased footage of Carrie Fisher’s Leia Organa will reportedly be used after the actress died in late 2016.

The film will wrap up the Skywalker family saga more than 40 years after George Lucas’ original “Star Wars” hit theaters.

There’s never been a single term for ‘Star Wars’ fans, like Trekkies has been for ‘Star Trek’ fans.
Many of whom prefer ‘Trekker,’ in a bit of interfan self-differentiation/snobbery.
Cause we do that.

‘Star Wars’ fandom was always so much wider, and legitimately popular, fans didn’t need to create an overall fan identity, like Trekkies, Browncoats, Whovians did.

Now, there are serious ‘Star Wars’ subculture and enthusiast groups… like the The 501st Legion and Rebel Legion | Costuming. Community. Charity. But there is not a single key name or description for ‘Star Wars’ fans.

[LINK]

To me, a "trekkie" is anyone who is a fan of science fiction movies in general, of which I am one. I don't go to comic-con shows, conventions, nor do I dress in costume when attending these movies. I'm NOT a science fiction "cult" follower. The movies come out, I go and see them, end of story. I don't like one more than the other. I appreciate them both. :) I've got bigger fish to fry, like helping Geno win #12. ;)

Pardon me for not being aware of the sub-cultures (cults) that have grown out of the devotion to these movies, and being unaware of the offense some take for being erroneously grouped together with same. :eek:
I followed in the steps of my older brother who also is a BIG science fiction fan. Star Trek: The Original Series, debuted on NBC TV on September 8, 1966.

Star Wars was released in theaters over 10 years later later in the United States on May 25, 1977. Star Trek, the motion picture (the first full length Star Trek film) wasn't released until December 7, 1979.

The negative responses I'm getting here are surprising. They're the first I've heard of there being sub-cultures between Star Trek and Star Wars fans. While I've always enjoyed the movies, and have seen every one of them (and will continue to do so), I don't take them THAT serious. They're movies, not a way of life or a religion. To me, those movies are simply a form of "fictional" entertainment, unlike being a fan of UConn women's basketball, that's real!!! Sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities, smh. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
EThere’s never been a single term for ‘Star Wars’ fans, like Trekkies has been for ‘Star Trek’ fans.
Many of whom prefer ‘Trekker,’ in a bit of interfan self-differentiation/snobbery.
Cause we do that.

‘Star Wars’ fandom was always so much wider, and legitimately popular, fans didn’t need to create an overall fan identity, like Trekkies, Browncoats, Whovians did.

Now, there are serious ‘Star Wars’ subculture and enthusiast groups… like the The 501st Legion and Rebel Legion | Costuming. Community. Charity. But there is not a single key name or description for ‘Star Wars’ fans.

[LINK]

To me, a "trekkie" is anyone who is a fan of science fiction movies in general, of which I am one. I don't go to comic-con shows, conventions, nor do I dress in costume when attending these movies. I'am NOT a science fiction "cult" follower. The movies come out, I go and see them, end of story. I don't like one more than the other. I appreciate them both. :) I've got bigger fish to fry, like helping Geno win #12. ;)

Pardon me for not being aware of the sub-cultures (cults) that have grown out of the devotion to these movies, and being unaware of the offense some take for being erroneously grouped together with same. :eek:
I followed in the steps of my older brother who was as BIG science fiction fan. Star Trek came on the scene first (on TV) in the mid 60's.

The negative response I'm getting here is the first I've heard of there being sub-cultures between Star Trek and Star Wars fans. While I've always enjoyed the movies, and have seen every one of them (and will continue to do so), I don't take them THAT serious. They're movies, not a way of life or a religion. To me, those movies are simply a form of "fictional" entertainment, unlike being a fan of UConn women's basketball, that's real!!! Sorry if I offended anyone. As you were, smh. :confused:

From what I can see here Scoop, most if not all of the arrogance you assume to Star Trek fans should be given to Star Wars fans. At least many of them on the BY anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom