O.T.: Olympics Soccer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

O.T.: Olympics Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
great come back win for USA. However, worried about our D. We definitely miss Ali Krieger in the backfield. Damn ACL.

Reaction Score
Can't remember the last time Rapinoe was anything less than terrific. Maybe USA's most under rated player.

She's a spark plug...fantastic motor! (That's work rate to you, Meyers) ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She's a spark plug...fantastic motor! (That's work rate to you, Meyers) ;)
Got it. :)

Good come back today. Didn't start that bad, just got caught flat-footed. Didn't think Hope had a very good game today. Not good on the first goal. 3-4 times she seemed very slow to come out for the ball (or didn't come out at all). Poor.

Morgan and Wambach played well today. Rapinoe in the second half was a monster. Lloyd filled in well for Boxx. Cheney though, ugh what an awful game from her. Must have given the ball away 5+ times. And I don't remember her making any incisive passes (which isn't good for an Attacking Mid).

Have to give credit to Buehler though. She played very well. Although she is slow as molasses, and pretty much boots the ball forward, she seemed to be one of the only defenders who was anticipating anything.

Next game should be easier, probably see some squad rotation.

Also ref was not good. Swallowed whistle on numerous challenges that could have even been carded. Missed at least 2 PKs (2 for us and possibly 1 against us).

Reaction Score
I missed most of the first half, but the portion I did see after the 36th minute, we didn't look strong on the ball.

The second half looked much better to me. I did see one long pass from Buehler to the left wing that looked world class.

Rapinoe impresses me...strong on the ball and deceptive!

Agree on the first goal against Hope...she saves those more often that not. That drive was a hammer, but not nearly as well placed as Lloyd's in the 2nd half.

Looking forward to more of the A-Team (Alex & Abby)!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I missed the first 35 minutes...is that Ranger's stadium in Glasgow or Celtics?

The Olympic venue in Glasgow is Hampden Park, Scotland's national stadium. The Rangers play in Ibrox Stadium and the Celtic FC plays in Celtic Park.

Reaction Score
The Olympic venue in Glasgow is Hampden Park, Scotland's national stadium. The Rangers play in Ibrox Stadium and the Celtic FC plays in Celtic Park.

Thanks CTyankee, I actually looked it up last night. They lower division Queens Park team also plays at Hampden Park...I've spent a lot of time in Glasgow and never even knew it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom