O.T. Moon to LSU | The Boneyard

O.T. Moon to LSU

Reaction Score
Now when a coach has an opportunity at another school, he or she can take the one, two, or three key pieces from their former team to their new team. Not only does a university land a big name coach, but you also get their recruits/players. LSU is basically paying $3 million a year for a top coach and top players to win right away rather than having to wait for Mulkey to cultivate talent over 2-3 recruiting cycles (years).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Moon transferring to LSU :anyone surprised?
Wow, I'm shocked!! :eek: Ursin is a HUGE upgrade to their roster.

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 / 04:39 PM CDT / Updated: Jun 2, 2021 / 04:40 PM CDT

BATON ROUGE – Cara "Moon" Ursin, a 2021 All-Big 12 selection for conference champion Baylor, is transferring to LSU for her final season of basketball, head coach Kim Mulkey announced on Wednesday. Ursin, a native of Destrehan, Louisiana, spent four years at Baylor, scoring 777 points and grabbing 437 rebounds in 127 games.

1622675697535.png

As a senior in 2020-21, Ursin started all 31 games for the 28-3 Lady Bears. Ursin averaged 12.6 points per game and scored a career-best 24 points in Baylor’s first round NCAA Tournament win over Jackson State on March 14, 2021.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing I'll never understand is why Baylor players go by weird nicknames instead of their normal name. Ursin's real name is Cara which isn't exactly unusual or hard to pronounce. Is it just a marketing thing?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
One thing I'll never understand is why Baylor players go by weird nicknames instead of their normal name. Ursin's real name is Cara which isn't exactly unusual or hard to pronounce. Is it just a marketing thing?

If I remember correctly, it was a nickname her aunt gave her right after she was born.

Reaction Score
Who else on Baylor has a nickname besides moon?

Reaction Score
I recall Her saying that Moon was the one senior she would beg to come back, so that she would get her opportunity, in the elite 8 press conference.

Better for Nalyssa Smith to go to LSU then Dawn to pull her to S.C. in the Americup. She was already playing with some attitude that looks like it would fit in at LSU football.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards said in the biosteel all-canadian game that she will turn her head if called Koby which she got from being a Kobe fan, and listing corn on the cob as her favorite food.

Lots of kids going to schools at that age get nicknames.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
There's been a few recently like Juicy Landrum and DiDi Richards to name a couple others.
I'll give you Moon but the other two make more sense. Growing up and having others learn to pronounce, let alone spell, Calveion or Deauzya is a handful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom