O.T.: How's this for a donation.... | The Boneyard

O.T.: How's this for a donation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The $100 million for athletics is impressive, but how far does it really go. . . The plans for the money are pretty generic.

I have heard, over the years, that Michigan's sports facilities are not "all" the best - according to the article they have a whopping 31 sports (sounds like RU before they started cutting), so I suspect the donation will help on a number of levels, never mind maybe inspiring some other alum???

Reaction Score
I don't understand why he didn't give half of the $200 million to me.

Reaction Score
The $100 million for athletics is impressive, but how far does it really go. . . The plans for the money are pretty generic.

I have heard, over the years, that Michigan's sports facilities are not "all" the best - according to the article they have a whopping 31 sports (sounds like RU before they started cutting), so I suspect the donation will help on a number of levels, never mind maybe inspiring some other alum???

The football and basketball facilities have recently been brought up to state-of-the-art standards. A $350 million, several-years-long upgrade to the overall athletic campus was recently approved by the university regents, and the $100 million donation by Ross will help fund that. That facility upgrade includes (per this article):
upgrades to Schmebechler Hall [a sports museum], an indoor rowing facility, a new soccer facility, upgrades to the field hockey complex, a new lacrosse facility, an upgrade to the softball complex, a new golf course clubhouse, a "walk of champions" bridge to join the athletic campus together, golf course restorations, a new indoor and outdoor track facility and more.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sounds "state of the art".

Always had a soft spot for Michigan WBB and softball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom