O.T. Best wishes to our BY community re Covid 19 | The Boneyard

O.T. Best wishes to our BY community re Covid 19

Reaction Score
For all of you and friends and family. Especially, but not only, the old crocks (sp?) among us bearing the
burden of highest risk. Fond regards and be well Don't hesitate to let us know how you and doing .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Speaking of old crocks of which I am one, has anyone heard from BroadwayVa?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Had a bank manager with a nasty cold offer me some generic information that I had no interest in. I took a hard pass on it with a polite "no thank you." She said, in her raspy voice "no here [cough, cough] take it" and kept pushing until finally I said "Janet, there is no chance I'm taking anything from you today."

Janet: "What? I don't have the Corona virus."
CL: "As far as you know."
Janet: "Really? You really won't take it?"
CL: "Yep."
Janet: "Well okay, but I'm not that paranoid about that stuff."
CL: "... aaaand that's why you're sick."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I so hope that this current challenge doesn't upend the "usual and customary" balance of capitalism's supply and demand paradigm. :( :eek:

1583785927734.png

Reaction Score
For all of you and friends and family. Especially, but not only, the old crocks (sp?) among us bearing the
burden of highest risk. Fond regards and be well Don't hesitate to let us know how you and doing .
Back at ya winlots. We can't live in a bubble but we can all take certain precautions. I've told my wife that it's been my experience that glazed doughnuts taken in moderate quantities have often proven to be an antidote to many viruses.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Speaking of old crocks of which I am one, has anyone heard from BroadwayVa?
I’d been wondering about BWay, too. If anyone knows anything and can’t share it on the board, please PM me.

There have been several cases near my abode. Our daughter is house sitting, but we’re literally as far away as we can be in the US. We’ll be flying back through Oakland in a few days, though.

Reaction Score
Back at ya winlots. We can't live in a bubble but we can all take certain precautions. I've told my wife that it's been my experience that glazed doughnuts taken in moderate quantities have often proven to be an antidote to many viruses.

STEELERONE: Got a chuckle there on the donuts.

Reaction Score
Concerning to not hear from Broadway. Have a close relationship with him on here. Hope he or his family will give us an update on his well being

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was at Mohegan Sun, unfortunately with a cold. I tried to be considerate and not share it.

Milford will NOT be at the McDonald's All-American game. My son has cancelled his daughter's birthday event and asked me not to come. His office in Houston is on lockdown--no visitors--and Rice University may be closed or resort to online instruction.

I have had a very heavy travel schedule since New Years, but will take a hiatus, possibly until the U.S. Open in June. Time to hunker down.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not going to a concert in Vegas tomorrow. My wife has a compromised immune system due to her transplant and I judged that there are too many people from too many places in Vegas.

Actually, my wife is really struggling with her on-going depression (too depressed to get dressed and go out anyhow) although I think she would have gone to Vegas if it was sensible. I was hoping it would help to reset her sleep cycle - she currently falls asleep between 4 and 6 AM, gets up mid to late afternoon and goes to bed again (not to sleep) at midnight. Can't seem to get her to take steps to break the cycle.

Reaction Score
GUS MAHLER: what does that "off" mean? Related to relaxation or heath issues or s.t. other?? Stay well.
It means he intended to complete that symphony in 2019 and it didn't happen. So now in 2020 he must continue to work on it or it may never get finished. Personally, I think it will remain unfinished. :D :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not going to a concert in Vegas tomorrow. My wife has a compromised immune system due to her transplant and I judged that there are too many people from too many places in Vegas.

Actually, my wife is really struggling with her on-going depression (too depressed to get dressed and go out anyhow) although I think she would have gone to Vegas if it was sensible. I was hoping it would help to reset her sleep cycle - she currently falls asleep between 4 and 6 AM, gets up mid to late afternoon and goes to bed again (not to sleep) at midnight. Can't seem to get her to take steps to break the cycle.
Good decision, Southern Nevada Health District announced yesterday that there is now a third suspected case and that the VA Medical Center has self quarantined the health professionals that took in the first case that walked into the VA Hospital last week.

Reaction Score
Us old timers on BY can tell you to wash your hands with 60% alcohol hand sanitizer or take 40% alcohol single malt internally. Unfortunately, neither might not do the trick.

Reaction Score
I happen to be in that category of people most susceptible to a very bad outcome if infected. So I've decided to stay home for awhile. And given that New Rochelle, the focus of the infections in New York state, is not at all far from us, it is no longer an academic discussion.

Fingers crossed.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
And the funny thing, JavaMan, is that the sale of Corona beer is down 30%.
That , my friend , is a Facebook Fake Fact. Numerous fact check sites have been examining this rumor and have dispelled it. Constellation Brands says sales of the pale lager beer are steady.

Reaction Score

Dear KBAZ - Having lived with my wife's severe health issues for over 30 years (I think you are in a more acute situation depression wise than I can remember, though we have that as an issue too), I send you my sincere best wishes.
I also have two experiences to share that might be relevant. The first 30 years ago, when we were young and vigorous - I was running my own firm, we had young kids and I was trucking my wife around the country to various surgeons, a colleague / good friend called and said "we're going golfing tomorrow, if not tomorrow then the next day". I learned that to be a better partner I needed to take some mental and physical breaks for my self. The second was a fortuitous side effect - last year my wife was prescribed medical marijuana for her brain disease, she gets it in honey, and it has had a positive side on her depression as well.

Best of luck - survive the Corona!

Reaction Score
I'm heading to a tiny house in Mystic today where I can sit out on the windy back porch, bundled up, in a rocking chair staring at the ocean. I still plan on having good food and stepping away from the madness of social media. I hope you all stay safe - but I need a breather from the hysteria. I wish people (media) would instill a tone of calm seriousness vs. outright panic. But I guess it takes panic for some to take it seriously. Hopefully, we'll be able to travel within the state so I can get back home on Sunday...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom