O.T. Best of the rest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

O.T. Best of the rest

Reaction Score
The numbers are a quantifiable way of determining who most impacted the game and therefore should not be dismissed. If you are suggesting that Gabby impacted the game more by stats not presented here or even "intangibles" I would argue that Gabby had more of an opportunity as measure by a very tangible stat-time on the court or MPG. One and done? I did not realize that years spent on campus was a criteria for the WoH.

Do you really think Azura played anywhere near as hard as Gabby? No, she did not will not. Gabby was better because she was a better teammate because she played harder, didn't mind passing, and took on players much bigger than she was. For someone 6'5" Azura sure didn't like playing in the post, which is why she went pro figuring they'd play her at forward not center. Azura will never have Gabby's work ethic. Not ever.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Do you really think Azura played anywhere near as hard as Gabby? No, she did not will not. Gabby was better because she was a better teammate because she played harder

I don't have an opinion one way or another but I'm curious about what makes you believe one player put in more effort than another.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Kia for sure, she is the only one that received the NDPOY and is not on the wall. If you receive an award like that you should be on the wall.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure back in her day they didn't award 10 players 1st team A/A status - they only gave it to 5. As a result, she would've been on the wall in the more modern era.
The WBCA has always had a ten member first team since it started in the 70s.

Reaction Score
So many players, so few walls. Sort of reminds me of the Hall of Fame arguments. Why should a light hitting shortstop get in when a player who hits four hundred home runs and gets a standing ovation for leaning over to pick up a candy wrapper is left out. There is no definitive answer because we all have our own personal criteria. Carnac might see points per game while Oldude is looking for rebounds. Kaizen looks for assists from the point guard and Bluedevil might want more scoring. At some point the players on the wall rose above most others and carried the team. The problem as I see it is that we have had several players of the caliber who, if playing for another team, would have been the "go to player" but because of the depth of talent at Uconn were defined as "another really good player."

Reaction Score
I don't have an opinion one way or another but I'm curious about what makes you believe one player put in more effort than another.

Scouts look at effort. How do they know one player played harder than another? How about watching the games? Unless you're blind, it's easy to see that Gabby played much harder. Clean your glasses.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you think Azura played as hard as Gabby, go back and watch the games. She never played as hard as Gabby. Never, ever, ever.
I did go back and watch the games. Azura, always always always played just as hard as Gabby.
1586782073210.jpeg

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd go with a starting 5 of
Crystal Dangerfield
Kia Nurse
Tiffany Hayes
Jamelle Elliott
Ashja Jones

Strother and T. Williams are really close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom