O.M.G. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

O.M.G.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Browns game vs UConn was an anomaly. Let’s be honest. She’s having a terrible season & continued to hit shots she’s proven she’s not reliable with against UConn. I’ve been pretty disappointed in her effort. How you can be that big & average under 7 rebounds is a joke. Cox has been equally as disappointing. Luckily the freshman is picking up some of the slack for them.

I agree, Smith should be getting more minutes. Don't care who has to sit to make it happen, get her on the floor as much as possible.

Reaction Score
I agree, Smith should be getting more minutes. Don't care who has to sit to make it happen, get her on the floor as much as possible.
I’d personally rather her sit on the bench so it increases UConns chances of winning ;) I believe she will be a star!

Reaction Score
Yes but part of the schedule is did you face each other. Again 19 point loss at home & you think you deserve to be ranked over them while possessing the same record isn’t realistic. At some point common sense has to come into play.
I hate to break it to you, but there is no "common sense" for these rankings. The people who voted all have their various reasons for their picks, and what is common sense to you is not common sense to them.

Maybe Louisville should be ranked number 1, but then the argument would be they haven't really played anyone. If Baylor was undefeated they would be number 1, but they have a loss to Stanford. UConn only has one loss to Baylor.

The voters look at the teams whole body of work. They are ranking 25 teams, not just UConn and ND. That game holds weight, but it's a piece to both of the teams overall body of work. ND has played better oppenents. I'm just trying to justify why they chose ND at 1, albeit a very slim margin. Focusing on that on a game from December and ignoring games after is IMO not realistic when arranging your top-25.

Reaction Score
Yes but part of the schedule is did you face each other. Again 19 point loss at home & you think you deserve to be ranked over them while possessing the same record isn’t realistic. At some point common sense has to come into play.
I agree, it is hard for me to rank ND over UCONN if they both end up with1 loss. I realize ND overall schedule is tougher than UCONN’s but losing at home by that much to me means the winning team was clearly superior. By the same token it would be hard for me to rank UCONN over Baylor if they finish with same record. Baylor was the home team and they clearly were the best team on that night, the Baylor overall schedule is also tougher than UCONN. Tournament time will be exciting this year!

Reaction Score
If you think that ranking is shocking wait till you see our ranking this time next year.

Reaction Score
They both looked great to me in the UCONN game.

Reaction Score
What will we do, ranked #3...how can that be????? ACTUALLY, it would have been courteous to have Louisville first...no offense to Notre Dame, I always like them.
While nothing meant negatively towards my fellow posters, who cares? Suspect between now and the end of the year, this and other similar ratings will change numerous times. In the whole scheme of things, all I care about is winning NCAA title.

Reaction Score
IMHO, we'll get a better game from our 3-ranked team than if we were No Uno.
All is well. Very, very crafty move to arrange this on Geno and CD's part.:cool::D:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think the UConn game hopefully is the catalyst for true Kalani Brown to get back to her old ways.

Reaction Score
I guess UConn beating ND at ND by 19 doesn’t mean much?? Interesting take but not sure you would be able to justify it if both have the same amount of losses.

This is absolutely correct, bbbf. No way a loss to Baylor in Waco compares to the loss by ND at home to UConn. And no way the Irish are or should be #1. A team that loses at home by 18 points can't plausibly be the top ranked team in the country. Can't. Possibly. Be. I was amazed that ND didn't drop further after the Husky beatdown . . . Oh, well.
As Desi said, "You gottalota 'splainin' to do, Lucy."

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This is absolutely correct, bbbf. No way a loss to Baylor in Waco compares to the loss by ND at home to UConn. And no way the Irish are or should be #1. A team that loses at home by 18 points can't plausibly be the top ranked team in the country. Can't. Possibly. Be. I was amazed that ND didn't drop further after the Husky beatdown . . . Oh, well.
As Desi said, "You gottalota 'splainin' to do, Lucy."

ND will always get the benefit of the doubt from poll voters sizing up a field of relative equals, just because of who they are. UCONN will always get the shaft in the same situation. It has nothing to do with the relative strengths and weaknesses of the various teams. It's just a beauty contest decided by biased voters. We are the NY Yankees of WCBB. Poll voters love to take the most dominant franchise in the sport down an extra peg or two.

Reaction Score
ND will always get the benefit of the doubt from poll voters sizing up a field of relative equals, just because of who they are. UCONN will always get the shaft in the same situation. It has nothing to do with the relative strengths and weaknesses of the various teams. It's just a beauty contest decided by biased voters. We are the NY Yankees of WCBB. Poll voters love to take the most dominant franchise in the sport down an extra peg or two.
To me it is the other way, I admit to being biased positively toward UCONN but I also loved the Yankees when they were a dominate team. My take is ND lost at home big and as such unless they were not at full strength then they clearly got beat by a better team. Fortunately, all of this will get worked out during tournament time. I am rooting for UCONN unless they play MSST!

Reaction Score
I'm sure you can look at other posts on this forum, but ND has played better oppenents and have only one bad loss. It meant a lot for the polls in December, but going forward it will not. ND has the chance to retain their place because of the ACC and they still play Tennessee (not that they are that good, but still a tournament team). UConn's only two games that will be able to impress will be Louisville and UCF. Number 1 is NDs to lose for the rest of the season.

Wait a second, how do we know it wasn't a "good loss" for ND?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom