O-line help | The Boneyard

O-line help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As tremendous as some of the future O-linemen for the Huskies "MIGHT" be(Cespedes, Oak, Shafenacker, Rutherford, the "Great Dane") it might be good for the rest of the offense if Diaco & Co reach out to the Junior College ranks for immediate help.

Louisville snapped up a lineman from right under UConn's nose in a 6-8, 315lb tackle from ASA College in Brooklyn named Kelbie Johnson. Ranked 16th of JUCO tackles according to 24/7 Sports. South Alabama grabbed Curtis Williams, a 6-5, 315lb tackle from the same school. Alabama does it. Purdue does it. Cal does it. Hell, even UMass does it(Ryan Johnson 6-5, 320).

If it's good enough for Michigan St, Houston, Fla St, W. Virginia, Florida and T A&M(who grabbed not 1 but 2 of the top 5 JUCO tackles) then why isn't it good enough for UConn? Don't give me the admissions standards BS excuse cause they seem to be good enough for the B1G and the Pac12.

There are still a couple left uncommitted(Jordan Presswood, 6-6 310lb out in AZ ranked 4th of the JUCO tackles to name one) there coach. How about giving your QBs, WRs and RB's a Christmas present or two this winter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As tremendous as some of the future O-linemen for the Huskies "MIGHT" be(Cespedes, Oak, Shafenacker, Rutherford, the "Great Dane") it might be good for the rest of the offense if Diaco & Co reach out to the Junior College ranks for immediate help.

Louisville snapped up a lineman from right under UConn's nose in a 6-8, 315lb tackle from ASA College in Brooklyn named Kelbie Johnson. Ranked 16th of JUCO tackles according to 24/7 Sports. South Alabama grabbed Curtis Williams, a 6-5, 315lb tackle from the same school. Alabama does it. Purdue does it. Cal does it. Hell, even UMass does it(Ryan Johnson 6-5, 320).

If it's good enough for Michigan St, Houston, Fla St, W. Virginia, Florida and T A&M(who grabbed not 1 but 2 of the top 5 JUCO tackles) then why isn't it good enough for UConn? Don't give me the admissions standards BS excuse cause they seem to be good enough for the B1G and the Pac12.

There are still a couple left uncommitted(Jordan Presswood, 6-6 310lb out in AZ ranked 4th of the JUCO tackles to name one) there coach. How about giving your QBs, WRs and RB's a Christmas present or two this winter.

Presswood is not going to UConn. He has a handful of PAC12 offers & is likely to wind up at Arizona or USC

Reaction Score
Grades are usually (not all the time) an issue with JUCO's. Won't happen here.

Reaction Score
It would be a dream come true if that four-star recruit Matt Burrell picked UConn over all his other offers because he is exactly what this offensive line needs badly. All he does is knock defenders on their as•ses. It would be hard for me not to hound or beg this kid not to commit if I was a recruiter. If playing time is a factor in his decision, that's all the more reason to come to UConn. He can get all the immediate experience he needs.

Reaction Score
Presswood is not going to UConn. He has a handful of PAC12 offers & is likely to wind up at Arizona or USC

How's his odyssey/quest going... Commits to FSU, Transfers to ND, ends up @ a JUCO in Arizona then...

... and Kelby Johnson wasn't destined for UConn. He was offered by UConn when he came out of HS but committed to UVA where he was recruited by Coach Poindexter. Not thinking he wasn't a known entity.

Reaction Score
In the minority here, but reality is unless we get a fifth year senior with some sort of ties to our coaching staffs former schools, we are not going to get a plug and play lineman, let alone three of them from JUCO. The top polished JUCO guys who can qualify are all going to P 5 schools so will end up with someone who will need development as well as normal grades and character concerns with JUCO We have six freshmen and sophomores on two deep plus Oak who is being redshirted. I would rather have them focus on a transfer fifth year senior mobile QB to help us as they continue to develop under Balis/Cummins/Foley. Even as bad as the line has been, we would easily be 3-3 with an average QB and game plan.

Reaction Score
I would rather have them focus on a transfer fifth year senior mobile QB to help us as they continue to develop under Balis/Cummins/Foley. Even as bad as the line has been, we would easily be 3-3 with an average QB and game plan.

Continue to develop? I have not seen any developing regarding the O Line this year. The starting 5 have been horrid every game and have not shown any improvement. Crozier has not looked terrible when he has been thrown into the guard spot, but it appears the staff are content giving him under 10 plays a game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This year was a big year for the program and we farted it away. Next year is now even bigger. UCONN can't afford to keep putting up bowl less seasons if we want out of the AAC. If OL is the biggest area in need of improvement to put more wins on the board next year, then I think our coaching staff will be turning over every stone possible to make this happen. If that means JUCO or 5th year transfers, then so be it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This year was a big year for the program and we farted it away. Next year is now even bigger. UCONN can't afford to keep putting up bowl less seasons if we want out of the AAC. If OL is the biggest area in need of improvement to put more wins on the board next year, then I think our coaching staff will be turning over every stone possible to make this happen. If that means JUCO or 5th year transfers, then so be it.

Yes, or please tell me how many seasons we need to excuse being a laughingstock, it will help with coping.

Reaction Score
Too bad this state couldn't produce more offensive linemen. I know..... the state is tiny which shrinks the potential pool, the position isn't very glamorous and I don't know how much individual instruction linemen get in this state. I wonder how many CT kids go to some of these lineman camps(Bobby Lamb, Down & Dirty, Al Johnson to name a few) during the summer. It just seems that UConn is lucky to get one from the home state every year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom