O’Neil Robinson Tweet... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

O’Neil Robinson Tweet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And the old folks who still want Kevin Ollie to be the men's basketball coach were watching UConn basketball before you or I were born, does that make their opinions valid?
My opinion isn't valid that having Edsall run the UConn football program is way more detrimental to UConn's football success than what a kid has to say on Twitter?

You're really not doing well here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My opinion isn't valid that having Edsall run the UConn football program is way more detrimental to UConn's football success than what a kid has to say on Twitter?

You're really not doing well here.

He's not a kid, he's a grown-ass man who's going out of his way to weaken the program. If you think Edsall at the helm is a detriment to the program why would you go out of your way to make the situation worse.

Reaction Score
He's not a kid, he's a grown-ass man who's going out of his way to weaken the program. If you think Edsall at the helm is a detriment to the program why would you go out of your way to make the situation worse.
Who, Drew? You really think what I post or what some guy named Drew posts has any effect on Edsall further destroying the program or mitigating what Edsall does to the program?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Who, Drew? You really think what I post or what some guy named Drew posts has any effect on Edsall further destroying the program or mitigating what Edsall does to the program?

He's trashing the program and coaches when he knows recruits follow him on Twitter. How are you a UConn fan at all and not aghast by that? Is this part of your long game where football disintegrates and we go slinking back to the Big East?

Reaction Score
He's trashing the program and coaches when he knows recruits follow him on Twitter. How are you a UConn fan at all and not aghast by that? Is this part of your long game where football disintegrates and we go slinking back to the Big East?
I'm aghast that Edsall is further destroying our program, continue thinking a fan's twitter account is the problem if it helps you sleep at night.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm aghast that Edsall is further destroying our program, continue thinking a fan's twitter account is the problem if it helps you sleep at night.

If Edsall is destroying the program, why are you cheering on someone who's unapologetically helping him?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
This is really stupid, I'm not participating anymore.

Yeah, it is stupid that you don't think telling recruits how terrible the program is helps the program.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
It's way worse for the program having Randy Edsall run it.
What coach has brought UConn to the greatest success in it’s history; Bowls, NFL playeers? Randy Edsall!! And, you weren’t watching before I was born. I was at Norte Dame, all the bowl games. Life memories. Thanks to RE!

Reaction Score
What coach has brought UConn to the greatest success in it’s history; Bowls, NFL playeers? Randy Edsall!! And, you weren’t watching before I was born. I was at Norte Dame, all the bowl games. Life memories. Thanks to RE!
Slithered out of here like a snake the first time and has now brought us the worst team in D1 football.

Reaction Score
Slithered out of here like a snake the first time and has now brought us the worst team in D1 football.
Sadly, that is beginning to look like his legacy here. I was hopeful he could and would turn the team around. I am still, but not as optimistic as I was.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I do agree with you on how he left. Heard it on the way to the airport after the game in AZ. I, like most of us was pissed off. I went to the Maryland game, where we beat them at Maryland, and may not have ever cheered so hard against the other team. But with time passing, and 2 knuckleheads later, I found a way to forgive. Unless, we see no material progress this year, ...... We need progress and stability.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's way worse for the program having Randy Edsall run it.

That's an opinion, not a fact. We saw what happened when he left and the crap show that happened for those six years.

Reaction Score
Edsall inherited a total dumpster fire...Rutgers post Terry Shea level disaster with a bunch of 1AA level talent up and down the roster. I expect to see progress this year followed by a return to winning next year. We had after about 8 years a functional offensive line last year. And we finally have a big boy dc.

Reaction Score
I do agree with you on how he left. Heard it on the way to the airport after the game in AZ. I, like most of us was pissed off. I went to the Maryland game, where we beat them at Maryland, and may not have ever cheered so hard against the other team. But with time passing, and 2 knuckleheads later, I found a way to forgive. Unless, we see no material progress this year, . We need progress and stability.
I loved how he made UConn football relevant but I was disgusted with him telling Todman to be a man and tell his teammates he was leaving early for the NFL and then Edsall just ditched them after the bowl game, it was a low class Tommy Tuberville move.

I suspect he came back to try and build it back up to respectability and to right a wrong but he still seems like an adult who doesn't exactly love taking the blame/accepting responsibility, do as I say not as I do.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it is stupid that you don't think telling recruits how terrible the program is helps the program.
Ummmm....
I don't think telling recruits how terrible the program is helps the program.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall makes $1 million - half the salary of the WBB coach. He was using his own money to try to retain his own coaches. Who do you think you could get to replace him?

Reaction Score
Ummmm....
I don't think telling recruits how terrible the program is helps the program.
These kids are about to make the biggest decisions in their young lives, you think they are basing it off of what some guy on twitter says. The kids know UConn football is terrible, it isn't some secret.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall makes $1 million - half the salary of the WBB coach. He was using his own money to try to retain his own coaches. Who do you think you could get to replace him?
Nobody, that's why he's the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger