NYU beats Smith D3 championship | The Boneyard

NYU beats Smith D3 championship

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
NYU completed a perfect season, 31-0.
This is one of the more amusing headlines I've seen in a while, not least of which is because NYU probably has more students in a single dorm than Smith has total, and neither has anything close to what I'd euphemistically describe as a "jock culture." Also, what is NYU's mascot? A torch?!

Reaction Score
This is one of the more amusing headlines I've seen in a while, not least of which is because NYU probably has more students in a single dorm than Smith has total, and neither has anything close to what I'd euphemistically describe as a "jock culture." Also, what is NYU's mascot? A torch?!
Oh ye youngsters.

As to size i can’t comment but the Violets of the ‘50s and ‘60s produced a lot of good players: Dolph Schayes, Happy Hairston, Barry Kramer, Mal Graham.

But, as a Celtic fan, Satch Sanders was my favorite. Tough as they come..

Evidently NYU attracted a lot of grad transfers this year on the women’s side, including last year’s POY from Smith. You can’t make this stuff up.

Reaction Score
Except that the athletes at Smith are definitely jocks. Even if they don't think that dribbling a ball is the most important reason for being at Smith. Living next to campus, have watched their teams compete for many years, and they are every bit as serious about their game as anybody. The difference between watching the Smith hoopsters, and sitting courtside at Gampell is about 3" per player. Oh, and a couple hundred SAT points. Oh, and they probably wouldn't think that "jock culture" is a euphemism.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom