NYCFC at Rentshler 9/23 | The Boneyard

NYCFC at Rentshler 9/23

Reaction Score
Due to a postponed Yankee game. Versus Houston. I'm pumped! Another reason to tailgate at PAWSARF on a Fall Saturday! MLS to Hartford may be a pipe dream so this could be the closest we get.

NYCFC's Home Game vs Houston Dynamo Relocated to Pratt & Whitney Stadium

I'm not a yankee or NYCFC fan, but it surprised me when I saw it and will be going.

Bob Kraft and the Revolution would never do this.

I'll root for NYCFC

Maybe UConn's Kwama Awuah 16th pick in the 1st round of 2017 MLS Super Draft will sub at some point for NYC.

Reaction Score
I'm not a yankee or NYCFC fan, but it surprised me when I saw it and will be going.

Bob Kraft and the Revolution would never do this.

I'll root for NYCFC

Maybe UConn's Kwama Awuah 16th pick in the 1st round of 2017 MLS Super Draft will sub at some point for NYC.

They would if they had to move a Patriots game and it created a conflict. NYCFC is only doing this because the Yankees had to reschedule and are more important. Nonetheless, I hope there is a big turnout at the Rent. They are only selling the lower bowl so what is capacity, about 20K?

The odd thing is that NYCFC and NE have had the least success in getting soccer specific stadiums. Of course, they also own their bad for MLS facilities so they have the least motivation. Meanwhile one of the best stadiums in the country for soccer sits empty in East Hartford. Perhaps if Kraft thought there was a threat to his hold on NE he might move a few games per year to Hartford like the Celtics used to do.

Reaction Score
The odd thing is that NYCFC and NE have had the least success in getting soccer specific stadiums.
If the City and Boston were not 2 of the most expensive urban real estate markets, it might be odd. See the Earthquakes, note they aren't playing in San Francisco and that has nothing to do with the terrain. Or DC, which also took quite some time to secure sufficient land. Or Miami, which appears to have finally found a site in a crime ridden despite vehement neighborhood opposition. Add on NYCFC and New England owning their current stadiums and the result is hardly odd.

Reaction Score
If the City and Boston were not 2 of the most expensive urban real estate markets, it might be odd. See the Earthquakes, note they aren't playing in San Francisco and that has nothing to do with the terrain. Or DC, which also took quite some time to secure sufficient land. Or Miami, which appears to have finally found a site in a crime ridden despite vehement neighborhood opposition. Add on NYCFC and New England owning their current stadiums and the result is hardly odd.

San Jose has been the center of soccer in the Silicon Valley for decades. D.C. officials were more interested in baseball so soccer had to wait in line. Miami is just a bad sports market that had its baseball team playing in a football stadium for 20 years. The primary issue for NYCFC and NE as we both noted, is a lack of motivation. Neither existing stadium is appropriate for MLS, but extra dates in an existing stadium cost very little. This we have the poor sight lines and horribly small field in NY and the massive echo chamber that is Gillette when 20K soccer fans sit in less than the entire lower bowl of a 65K+ stadium.

Reaction Score
San Jose has been the center of soccer in the Silicon Valley for decades. D.C. officials were more interested in baseball so soccer had to wait in line. Miami is just a bad sports market that had its baseball team playing in a football stadium for 20 years. The primary issue for NYCFC and NE as we both noted, is a lack of motivation.
Motivation plays a role in NY and Boston, but heightened naivety bordering on abject ignorance is required to truly believe property access and prices have not influenced each of the teams/cities/areas cited. Even in the Bay Area!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Cool, they'll have a decent size pitch to play on.

Reaction Score
Motivation plays a role in NY and Boston, but heightened naivety bordering on abject ignorance is required to truly believe property access and prices have not influenced each of the teams/cities/areas cited. Even in the Bay Area!
Of course it has had an influence in each city, yet many other densely populated cities have found space for such facilities and so could Boston and NY. SF took a seedy waterfront area and converted it to an active area with PacBell Park and will further expand it with the upcoming arena for the Warriors. DC did likewise for the Nationals and they too will be expanding in the same neighborhood for DC United. Kraft has always given a half-hearted effort to find a stadium location, Occasionally he'll mention Somerville or UMass-Boston but then he'll go silent again for another year or two before another lather, rinse, repeat cycle. Similarly, NYCFC floated a few trial balloons before and during their first season and essentially have gone quiet since. Boston and New York are tough towns for development but the payback is handsome enough to justify the effort unless, of course, you already have an existing facility that you can fill an extra 17-20 times per year.

Reaction Score
Rentschler is one of the best soccer stadiums in the country? C'mon now

Reaction Score
Bing bing bing!
Bong bong bong! You've got the priority backwards. The lack of motivation is the reason there haven't been stadiums built for those two teams. The expense and complexity of development are obstacles that the Krafts and the Steinbrenners could overcome if they so desired. Their desire just isn't that great.

Reaction Score
Due to a postponed Yankee game. Versus Houston. I'm pumped! Another reason to tailgate at PAWSARF on a Fall Saturday! MLS to Hartford may be a pipe dream so this could be the closest we get.

NYCFC's Home Game vs Houston Dynamo Relocated to Pratt & Whitney Stadium

I just realized that the Yankee game is on Monday afternoon. NYFC is such a second class tenant that their regularly scheduled game has to be moved to avoid any possible impact on a rescheduled Yankee game 46 hours later.

Reaction Score
Bong bong bong! You've got the priority backwards.
Hardly, Kraft may and likely does prefer to keep the Revs in Foxborough yet he, his son, and Man City/NYCFC alike would move if reasonable locations and financial #s existed. Regardless, you inexplicably continue to ignore obvious, yet massive challenges to anyone with a clue about real estate prices in 2 of the nation's most expensive and developed markets, i.e., simply identifying and securing a large enough plot and simple cost. To each his own ...

Reaction Score
I just realized that the Yankee game is on Monday afternoon. NYFC is such a second class tenant that their regularly scheduled game has to be moved to avoid any possible impact on a rescheduled Yankee game 46 hours later.

To be fair, they are also owned in part by the Yankees.

Reaction Score
This is a pretty good opportunity for Hartford. But it sounds like the NYCFC season ticket holders are none too pleased with this.

I'm surprised that NYCFC hasn't plopped a USL team in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
To be fair, they are also owned in part by the Yankees.

I'm well aware of that, but it doesn't change the fact that the parent organization punted them out of the stadium because they needed it two days later for a make-up game. The strange part is that you might think of canceling a soccer game that was two days after baseball but not the other way around. For soccer they put turf over parts of the infield (but the mound remains untouched, which is why the field is so narrow) and warning track so you'd think it might need a few days to stabilize, but going the other way should involve just cutting it away and dragging the dirt.

Reaction Score
I'm well aware of that, but it doesn't change the fact that the parent organization punted them out of the stadium because they needed it two days later for a make-up game. The strange part is that you might think of canceling a soccer game that was two days after baseball but not the other way around. For soccer they put turf over parts of the infield (but the mound remains untouched, which is why the field is so narrow) and warning track so you'd think it might need a few days to stabilize, but going the other way should involve just cutting it away and dragging the dirt.

Dude I'm well aware you if the suboptimal setup. But I'm actually surprised it took three seasons to get where they actually had to relocate a match. It leads me to believe that there is more to taking down the soccer field than people think.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rentschler is one of the best soccer stadiums in the country? C'mon now
Great sightlines for 40K or so. A proper sized pitch that plays well. No bells and whistles but great if you are there for the game.

Reaction Score
Great sightlines for 40K or so. A proper sized pitch that plays well. No bells and whistles but great if you are there for the game.

Also no crown on the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom