NYC Husky Fans | The Boneyard

NYC Husky Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Van diemans sucks, but I would be down for anywhere else probably.

Reaction Score
Van diemans sucks, but I would be down for anywhere else probably.

Why does it suck? You can't get that atmosphere anywhere else within 100 miles. If you're complaining it's too crowded then get there early ...

Reaction Score
what is geographically more preferable for you? I live on the UES, but would go to midtown, downtown, etc.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why does it suck? You can't get that atmosphere anywhere else within 100 miles. If you're complaining it's too crowded then get there early ...

It's supposed to be a UConn bar but unless it's literally the regional final, good luck getting the game on.

Been there multiple times and regular season Islanders games are played with audio over UConn games.

Note: Haven't gone this post season so maybe it's changed but I went three times this regular season as well as years past and that was my take.

Reaction Score
It's supposed to be a UConn bar but unless it's literally the regional final, good luck getting the game on.

Been there multiple times and regular season Islanders games are played with audio over UConn games.

Note: Haven't gone this post season so maybe it's changed but I went three times this regular season as well as years past and that was my take.

Fair enough, they got new ownership sometime last year and are a lot more pro-UConn now. There is always the game on and game sound for at least the big regular season games (unsure of which games you went to). Had no problems during the AAC tournament or yesterday and the bar was packed every game with UConn fans. Last Saturday and yesterday UConn fans well out-drew the St. Patty's Day crowd which had been an issue previous years.

Honestly, there is no better place in NYC to watch a UConn game. It's loud and crowded (with UConn fans) and it's as close to Des Moines you'll get in NYC.

Reaction Score
what is geographically more preferable for you? I live on the UES, but would go to midtown, downtown, etc.

I would just head to Van Diemans. Thats the NoEscalators rallying point and there is guaranteed to be a ton of UConn faithful there. I work in midtown myself, but live in the east village. I'll probably either head to Van Diemans or stay around Houston.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Fair enough, they got new ownership sometime last year and are a lot more pro-UConn now. There is always the game on and game sound for at least the big regular season games (unsure of which games you went to). Had no problems during the AAC tournament or yesterday and the bar was packed every game with UConn fans. Last Saturday and yesterday UConn fans well out-drew the St. Patty's Day crowd which had been an issue previous years.

Honestly, there is no better place in NYC to watch a UConn game. It's loud and crowded (with UConn fans) and it's as close to Des Moines you'll get in NYC.

Maybe I'll give it a shot Saturday.

I went to the away game at Tulsa, home vs Cincinnati and I believe the home game vs Temple there this year and I had to request the games to be put on (not a huge deal) and then there was no audio for all three games.

Just feel like you look at East End in UES and every game is a Cuse madhouse, audio every TV etc. Then you go to Van diemans and nobody is there and you can't even get the games on the screens without haggling for the main tvs.

Reaction Score
I would just head to Van Diemans. Thats the NoEscalators rallying point and there is guaranteed to be a ton of UConn faithful there. I work in midtown myself, but live in the east village. I'll probably either head to Van Diemans or stay around Houston.

Who wants to crash a KU bar? The downside is there, but the upside is through the roof. Like Steve Enoch.

Reaction Score
You guys better show, drove all the way fr CT to make an appearance. Im the one with skinny jeans and a Rolling Rock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom