NYC Hotel for Jimmy V Classic | The Boneyard

NYC Hotel for Jimmy V Classic

Reaction Score
Anybody find some decent hotel rates in NYC for the NC game on December 5th? There must be something else going on as all the hotels jump up in price over $500 on the 5th and 6th.

I used to like training it back to Bridgeport and staying at the Holiday Inn, but that is no longer an option as it closed. Is there another hotel close to a train station option? Walking or a short Uber would be preferred.

Reaction Score
You can stay at hotel in Bergen County, NJ for between $100-$200 and then take a 40 minute train ride to Penn Station/MSG. I’m not sure where you are coming from.

Reaction Score
Anybody find some decent hotel rates in NYC for the NC game on December 5th? There must be something else going on as all the hotels jump up in price over $500 on the 5th and 6th.

I used to like training it back to Bridgeport and staying at the Holiday Inn, but that is no longer an option as it closed. Is there another hotel close to a train station option? Walking or a short Uber would be preferred.
$500 is unfortunately not that uncommon for an NYC hotel in Manhattan or downtown Brooklyn for that matter. My go-to spot is https://washingtonsquarehotel.com/ where sometimes you can find a little better deal. The rooms are not going to be big but it's clean and a great location.

Reaction Score
That's the sweet spot for Radio City Christmas, Rockefeller Center, etc. Expensive time to go. I was going to also suggest Stamford as well. You are really gonna get what you pay for in midtown on that date.

Reaction Score
You can try Hotline which has worked out well for me in NYC and overseas) and save some $'s. (I haven't used it recently for NYC)

If you haven't used it, you pick a geographic area in NYC you want to stay and filter in what you are looking for (# of people, # of stars etc.) and then unnamed hotels will show up. In most cases, they said Hotel X will be one of the following 3 which is helpful. I believe they also will show some identified hotels.

Also, BTW, the rooms seem to get cheaper the closer to your date. One option is to book a refundable room and then try to get a cheaper one on Hotwire a day or 2 before.

The other site I use is Trivago. For some reason, sometimes it is cheaper to book through 3rd party.

Good luck

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That price is not normal for a weeknight. I was just looking at rooms for the Empire Classic - Sunday Nov.19, The New Yorker is $205 all in for that Sunday night. Wyndham TRYP right around the corner is $182. Not the Ritz, but does the trick when all you need to do is pass out, sleep, and shower.

Reaction Score
That price is not normal for a weeknight. I was just looking at rooms for the Empire Classic - Sunday Nov.19, The New Yorker is $205 all in for that Sunday night. Wyndham TRYP right around the corner is $182. Not the Ritz, but does the trick when all you need to do is pass out, sleep, and shower.
Yeah, the New Yorker is usually my go to for MSG games, it is $200 for Monday night 12/4 but jumps up over $500 for the 5th and 6th. It can't be just the game, something else must be going on in the City

Reaction Score
Santacon is December 9th. Sharing as a public service announcement for those considering venturing into or around the City that day.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Look in Stamford for lodging. Lots of trains from Stamford stop at Grand Central.
Easy to get an express as well.
This. Couple of hotels right near the Stamford train station that are walkable and find Metro North express train to NY.

Time it right and you may get a chance to see Brian Cashman rappel down the side of the tall office building attached to the mall with Santa Claus…

Reaction Score
Can also look for hotels near LaGuardia and take the train or something into Manhattan.

Reaction Score
I saw and thought the same thing too when I saw the prices. Needless to say exploring other options if they don't come down.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah, the New Yorker is usually my go to for MSG games, it is $200 for Monday night 12/4 but jumps up over $500 for the 5th and 6th. It can't be just the game, something else must be going on in the City
Christmas parties.

Manhattan is one of the few places where rooms are cheaper on weekends. At least pre-pandemic. Christmas season is going to be more expensive regardless.

Reaction Score
Try @newyorkcity.explore

athotel.com/I/NYC-hotel-deals

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 50

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Christmas parties.

Manhattan is one of the few places where rooms are cheaper on weekends. At least pre-pandemic. Christmas season is going to be more expensive regardless.

Depends on area of town. Lower Manhattan, especially around Wall ST is a bargain on weekends. Times square not so much. Times square sucks, all the time, and is for people from Iowa.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
There's a hotel very close to South Norwalk station (easily walking distance). Not sure what pricing would look like, but an option nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I'd stay in Long Island City - it's a 1 stop subway commute just over the bridge into Queens and there are a few new hotels there. You could be in midtown in 10 mins and to MSG in about 20.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
There's a hotel very close to South Norwalk station (easily walking distance). Not sure what pricing would look like, but an option nonetheless.
Residence Inn. Why would anyone want to go to MSG and stay anywhere except Manhattan? Take Augies advice, look to downtown

Reaction Score

Once you get to bridgeport vou can uber to Milford which should be between $20-25 bucks.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Residence Inn. Why would anyone want to go to MSG and stay anywhere except Manhattan? Take Augies advice, look to downtown
100%. If you’re not staying in walking distance to the Garden, just take the train all the way home. That’s my thought as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom