nyc bar | The Boneyard

nyc bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this has been asked many of times but I can't find the thread. UConn bar uptown or midtown? Thank you

Reaction Score
I dunno. I used to live by and frequent Carlow East on Lexington Ave between E. 84th and 85th. It's actually, believe it or not, a Seattle Seahawks bar(!), but I've seen plenty of UConn fans up in there and the bartender always puts UConn on when I walk in. I'm sure he'll hook you up if you ask him. (I realize there are so many more places, but that's all I got.)

Reaction Score
Van Diemens gets PACKED with UConn fans. Very solid bar, great food and a terrific atmosphere for the games.

Reaction Score
There are enough TV's. I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures, but I think they took those before adding them all in. I believe there are 3 LARGE projection screens above the entrance that you can see from half of the bar. Plus there are TV's behind the bar and scattered throughout the other walls. Then when you get to the back where the seating is (not a ton of seats), there are 2-3 TVs on each wall so you can see no matter which way you are facing. I've never had an issue viewing the games there. My biggest gripe has been that if you want a seat for a big game you have to come very early. I guess that is a good sign though that UConn fans are filling the bar.

Reaction Score
Overlook on 44th between 2nd and 3rd is a decent spot to watch. The owner is from Plainville and saw me wearing a UConn shirt when I walked into the bar so we struck up a conversation. He has a few UConn pennants hanging in the back of the bar. Not the best TV set up, so Van Diemens is probably a bit better but Overlook isn't a bad 2nd choice.

Reaction Score
I see it to be time for the annual publication of the NYC Sports Bar List compiled by Husky scouts over the years. Who knows if some are still there.

*ESPN Zone. 42nd St at Broadway

*Park Avenue Country Club, Park Ave. South at 27th St. Very busy place but have all the games.

Mercury Bar, 3rd Avenue between 34th and 35th St. Another on 9th Avenue at 45th St?

Harrison's Tavern, Amsterdam Ave. at 77th St. Big Red Sox bar, perhaps with BCU jokers.

Hairy Monk, 3rd Ave at 25th St. Red Sox sanctuary.

The Riviera Cafe, West 4th St. at Seventh Ave. Red Sox friendly bar.

The Gin Mill, Amsterdam Ave. between 81st and 82nd St.

Scruffy Duffy's, 8th Avenue between 46th and 47th St,

Copper Door Tavern, 3rd Avenue between 21st and 22nd St.

The Gym. 167 8th Ave (18-19th St) BC fans?

Ship of Fools. 2nd Ave (82nd and 83rd St)

Standings. &th St (2nd & Bowery)

Stout 33rd (6th – 7th Av)

Mad River. 82nd & 3rd Ave

O’Reilly’s Townhouse. 21 W. 35th between 5th and 6th Avenue Phone # 502-5246

Mustang Harry

Mustang Sally

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I see it to be time for the annual publication of the NYC Sports Bar List compiled by Husky scouts over the years. Who knows if some are still there.

*ESPN Zone. 42nd St at Broadway

*Park Avenue Country Club, Park Ave. South at 27th St. Very busy place but have all the games.

Mercury Bar, 3rd Avenue between 34th and 35th St. Another on 9th Avenue at 45th St?

Harrison's Tavern, Amsterdam Ave. at 77th St. Big Red Sox bar, perhaps with BCU jokers.

Hairy Monk, 3rd Ave at 25th St. Red Sox sanctuary.

The Riviera Cafe, West 4th St. at Seventh Ave. Red Sox friendly bar.

The Gin Mill, Amsterdam Ave. between 81st and 82nd St.

Scruffy Duffy's, 8th Avenue between 46th and 47th St,

Copper Door Tavern, 3rd Avenue between 21st and 22nd St.

The Gym. 167 8th Ave (18-19th St) BC fans?

Ship of Fools. 2nd Ave (82nd and 83rd St)

Standings. &th St (2nd & Bowery)

Stout 33rd (6th – 7th Av)

Mad River. 82nd & 3rd Ave

O’Reilly’s Townhouse. 21 W. 35th between 5th and 6th Avenue Phone # 502-5246

Mustang Harry

Mustang Sally

My favorite thing about this list -- which gets posted on this board at least once a season -- is that the first two bars listed have been closed for at least 5 years. (No offense, Sledog -- you gave a proper caveat.)

Most of the rest are (I think) open. Standings is run by a guy from CT. But it's TINY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom