NY Times Interview with Maya | The Boneyard

NY Times Interview with Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Brief interview on her first year in the WNBA: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/s...nning-never-gets-old.html?_r=3&ref=basketball

Pretty much what you'd expect from Maya when talking about her first year: honesty, humility and respect. Here are some highlights:

"Maya Moore just wins. And wins. And wins.

A. "I think I just came into a really good situation. The group of people that we had around was just phenomenal. The coaching staff was very professional, kept great expectations for us and helped push us. And then we just had a lot of unselfish players. We had a group of vets that knew what it was going to take. For the season, I had some ups and downs just trying to get a feel for the pro game. Then towards the end of the season I started to get a rhythm, started to get a feel for the teams that we were playing and I just tried to do my best to contribute, to be a big energy player for my team."

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
"honesty, humility and respect"

No player can match Maya's combination of these attributes. That's one of the things that set her apart.

Reaction Score
"the Huskies posted an N.C.A.A.-record 89 consecutive victories" This is true, but they also had 90 consecutive victories.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She just wins--36 games at UConn, 35 in Minnesota, all in the last 11 months.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm tired just thinking about it. Luckily, it's just a game. "-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom