NY Times article: UConn Women Say ‘Nah’ to Rebuilding Year | The Boneyard

NY Times article: UConn Women Say ‘Nah’ to Rebuilding Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other than the mistake of naming Duke as one of UConn's biggest rivals--I assume he meant Notre Dame--pretty nice piece with lots of quotes from Brian Stewart.

I would like to see a correction issued.
An earlier version of this article named Duke as one of UConn's biggest rivals. This has now been corrected.
I am sure all Duke fans will appreciate it too.

HGN

Reaction Score
Very nice article......Interesting to read it from Brian Stewart's eyes and opinion.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Thanks so much - how did I miss this myself - well, the Boneyard saved me yet again!!! Best for the holidays!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The title of the article made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing! I thought this was a particularly awesome quote from Breanna's dad:

To do what they’re doing is a testament to the M.O. of the team and the program,” Stewart said.

Which is, in his informed opinion?

“I personally know that Breanna was no princess there — just the opposite,” he said. “So I’d say: ‘Check your ego at the door. It’s not about you
.’”

It really exemplifies how amazing the program that Geno built is, and also how awesome it is when an entire family "gets it". Check the ego at the door. Be prepared to work harder than you ever imagined. Team first, chemistry, camaraderie, selflessness, and a willingness to be a leader to the younger "generation". Life lessons, another family for life, preparation for a pro career AND life beyond basketball - truly the nexus of WCBB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom