NY RB Gus Edwards down to 4 | The Boneyard

NY RB Gus Edwards down to 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Edwards cut his list to four, Uconn didn't make the cut, he's down to Cuse, Maryland, UVA and
NC State. It doesn't appear as Gus and Ogun will be committing to the same school, unless it's Syracuse, and I hghly doubt that Cuse could beat out ND or Fl for Ogun's services.

Moving on to RB's Smallwood, Smith and Williams as possibilities.

Reaction Score
I thought that Smith and Ogundeko were more of a package deal than Edwards and Ogundeko.

Reaction Score
I thought that Smith and Ogundeko were more of a package deal than Edwards and Ogundeko.

No it was actually Ogun and Edwards as a package deal. Package deals seldom pan out.

pj

Reaction Score
I knew Edwards preferred Syracuse when Ogundeko cut down to three. If they went together it was either going to be Syracuse or UConn, Ogundeko said as much a month or two ago, and they decided Syracuse was their preferred choice. I believe Edwards probably drove that.

Reaction Score
I see this tweet, what were you looking at?

"Tottenville RB Gus Edwards says he will commit July 5. He's down to Syracuse, NC State, Virginia, UConn and Maryland. #psalfootball"

Reaction Score
John Garcia Jr has him down to 4: https://twitter.com/JohnGarcia_Jr/status/215613667054596097
Maybe he added UConn back when talking to Zach Braziller.
I like that John Garcia guy... He does really good job covering SU recruits... He goes in depth on twitter... he did a play by play of the State of NY HS All Star football game ( which included UCONN's Mikal Myers ).. His focus was (obviously) the SU kids playing in it, but point being it'd be nice to see a UCONN guy provide coverage akin to that...

Reaction Score
I like that John Garcia guy... He does really good job covering SU recruits... He goes in depth on twitter... he did a play by play of the State of NY HS All Star football game ( which included UCONN's Mikal Myers ).. His focus was (obviously) the SU kids playing in it, but point being it'd be nice to see a UCONN guy provide coverage akin to that...
Garcia is doing a great job - it's a shame that scout was too cheap/lazy/indifferent to hire a real SU writer until after everyone left - it's funny that the same thing happened over at rivals as well - it's like deja vu all over again

Reaction Score
Honestly HuskyfanDan I'm done with Gus and Ogun... they wrote us off... time for us to move on bro... Laray is still considering us... He only matters now... wish the other two luck where ever they end up...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Honestly HuskyfanDan I'm done with Gus and Ogun... they wrote us off... time for us to move on bro... Laray is still considering us... He only matters now... wish the other two luck where ever they end up...

i realize they are not interested any more. i'm also not worried about it(on to the next one...). my point is that i don't see gus and laray both going to the same school. so while we may hate to see cuse do well by landing ogun and gus, it may be in our best interest that they do. if nd lands ogun, then maybe gus says ahh i live uva over cuse. now laray has his pick of uconn and cuse both with no rbs. thats what i'm getting at...

Reaction Score
Just from looking at the tape (and honestly, what the heck do I know)......I like Smith a lot better as a RB. Much quicker and has the frame to put on 10-20 lbs. in a college weight training program. The Ogun recruitment has been bizarre. I honestly don't even read anything on him anymore because he changes his tune every other week.

Reaction Score
From what I understand, the Cuse made the cut because of the move to the ACC. So, the Cuse's move to the ACC may be paying off in recruiting. I can only assume that Ogun's reasoning was the same.

pj

Reaction Score
The New York writers are saying Syracuse is the favorite for Laray Smith and Gus Edwards both, might get Ogundeko too.

Reaction Score
Gus was just offered by Miami, Miami also offered Ogun, I think their recruiting status is about to change agian.

Reaction Score
Gus was just offered by Miami, Miami also offered Ogun, I think their recruiting status is about to change agian.

Miami could be in for a world of hurt. That scandal is ugly and they let that guy right inside the program. NCAA will have to drop a pretty big hammer.

pj

Reaction Score
On the Syracuse board, they're talking about possibly converting him to linebacker.

Reaction Score
On the Syracuse board, they're talking about possibly converting him to linebacker.
ever since Derrel Smith and Doug Hogue switched from RB and became all-BE caliber LBs they speculate that about every RB that gets recruited

Reaction Score
The Orange running game has really not been there for quite a while. That they put two OLmen and a RB on the first team All BE last season after winning one conference game was a total crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom