NY Post with same question as a lot of us have . . | The Boneyard

NY Post with same question as a lot of us have . .

Reaction Score
In the same article . . .

1678123673035.png

Reaction Score
What I have said all along. The board is too manic. It could go either way

Reaction Score
A lot comes down to getting a manageable opponent in Round 1 of the dance. No matter which type of sage we burn pre-game, chances are the good guys coming out tight in that first half. Happy to be wrong obviously. If we get someone that we can settle in against and find our groove, we should be able to make a nice run.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This group certainly has the potential to break through. It is deep and extremely talented, led by potential NBA first-round pick Jordan Hawkins. UConn is one of only two teams, along with Houston, ranked in the top 12 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. It is 12-6 in Quad 1 and 2 games and its last three losses have come by a combined seven points. It is second nationally in rebounding margin led by the 1-2 center punch of Adama Sanogo and Donovan Clingan, and has more offensive firepower than recent UConn teams.
:)

Reaction Score
A lot comes down to getting a manageable opponent in Round 1 of the dance. No matter which type of sage we burn pre-game, chances are the good guys coming out tight in that first half. Happy to be wrong obviously. If we get someone that we can settle in against and find our groove, we should be able to make a nice run.
I thought this too, but after listening to Hurley in his press conference, I don't think they will come out nervous or tight as they seem to have an edge and a chip on their shoulder from their doubters in January.

Reaction Score
This team is different from the past DH teams. Luck, bad reffing, and career nights by opposing players, alone, will not knock this team out (in the NCAA opening round). It must be a good basketball team that has a chance do it, and that chance will not happen until the later rounds.

Reaction Score
I’m usually measured on here but I’m confident we are not losing our first round game in the NCAA tournament this year.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think it’s lazy to call this team Jeckyl and Hyde. That is not what happened this year. It hasn’t
been spin the wheel on any given outcome.

It was 2+ months of being the best team in college basketball. People forget it wasn’t just us winning every game and against some good teams to boot, we were housing teams.

Then our offensive model was broken by refusing to guard our best passer and taking away our best scorer on the block in the process. It confused the hell out of us and broke the confidence of the heart of the team. That, a rough road schedule and Covid for our coaching staff happened.

And then we righted it. We created new opportunities for Dre. We swapped him with AK offensively. We ran him on the baseline and used him to set hand off ball screens for shooters. We got the ball to Adama in different spots on the floor. The team relaxed.

And now we’re back to stomping good teams again. A top 10 team in Marquette. The hottest team in the big east on the road in front of 21,000.

This was x’ and o’s not johnnies and joes. And our johnnies are not losing to the johnnies now that we’ve solved the puzzle.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're great, there's no maybe, 8-1 down the stretch with the only loss being 3 points at Creighton

Every win in dominating fashion, save for 1 (February 4th at Georgetown)

That's a month of great basketball, gelling

Reaction Score
I don’t care what seed we are or what team we play, best of luck to our first round opponent trying to score points. Our boys are athletes and if they bring intensity
On defense like they have, a significantly lower seed will have nightmares offensively. We are ready.

Reaction Score
This group certainly has the potential to break through. It is deep and extremely talented, led by potential NBA first-round pick Jordan Hawkins. UConn is one of only two teams, along with Houston, ranked in the top 12 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. It is 12-6 in Quad 1 and 2 games and its last three losses have come by a combined seven points. It is second nationally in rebounding margin led by the 1-2 center punch of Adama Sanogo and Donovan Clingan, and has more offensive firepower than recent UConn teams.
:)
Bottom line is we are a very very difficult matchup and a team hard to prepare for - especially in the early rounds :)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I don’t care what seed we are or what team we play, best of luck to our first round opponent trying to score points. Our boys are athletes and if they bring intensity
On defense like they have, a significantly lower seed will have nightmares offensively. We are ready.

I think our defense has really ratcheted up, Im still trying to figure out how St. Johns just hung 86 on us 10 days ago.

Reaction Score
I think our defense has really ratcheted up, Im still trying to figure out how St. Johns just hung 86 on us 10 days ago.
I wouldn't spend too much time overthinking that one. It was a very high possession/fast paced game. St. John's is Kenpom #1 in adjusted tempo and #4 in average possession length. They hit some tough shots and the game was also very fouly which allowed both teams to convert a lot of points from the FT line.

Reaction Score
We are the Tiger Woods of 2000. When we are on, we win and win handedly. When we lose, we don't lose by much. Tiger Wood's B- game then kept him in the hunt, would place top 5-10 but wasn't great at coming from behind to win. Close games have meant this year our B- game. Were going to have that B- game in the tourney somewhere, its going to come down to what the matchup is and can we find execution late game.

Reaction Score
In the same article . . .

View attachment 84753
I think this is funny. There are many who insisted that Cooley is a better coach than DH and we'd be better off with him. Let me get it straight: in the same single season Hurley is the better coach in November, then Cooley is the better option when we're losing, now Hurley is the guy. This is the logic that gets me: if you're a better coach then you are at least gonna be better than the other guy in one single year- the entire year. Would anyone still rather have Cooley?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom