NY Liberty win the pennant. Oh. Just 1 game | The Boneyard

NY Liberty win the pennant. Oh. Just 1 game

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, this deserves a thread of its own for the closet Liberty fans

Liberty beat Aces 88-78 ending their 17 game losing streak. :D:D:D

Tina and Kia had good (but not great games). I did not see the game because I would have jinxed them.

Reaction Score
Well, this deserves a thread of its own for the closet Liberty fans

Liberty beat Aces 88-78 ending their 17 game losing streak. :D:D:D

Tina and Kia had good (but not great games). I did not see the game because I would have jinxed them.

View attachment 43778

Looks like Bria also had a good game. Three UConn grads accounted for 53 of 88 points. Way to go.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looks like Bria also had a good game. Three UConn grads accounted for 53 of 88 points. Way to go.

Good point. Forgot about Bria. :oops:

From the box score, I did not see Asia Durr get any minutes? Any reason beyond a desperate coach needing a win?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They ought to send the Aces back to Salt Lake City for losing this game :rolleyes: Head bang

Reaction Score
Looks like Wilson struggled again. I hope this isn’t of things to come for her

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Probably just a blip for the Aces. They have too much talent but they are now 2-3 which for me is an under-performing start

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are the pieces fitting together? Wilson and McBride were well established as the stars w/ Plum as the third scoring option. She may be on minutes restriction but Cambage is going to demand touches. Is Young more of the PG than Plum now? It might gel eventually but they are definitely underachieving thus far.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are the pieces fitting together? Wilson and McBride were well established as the stars w/ Plum as the third scoring option. She may be on minutes restriction but Cambage is going to demand touches. Is Young more of the PG than Plum now? It might gel eventually but they are definitely underachieving thus far.

Dont follow the aces much but from where I am watching, the biggest underperformers are Plum and Wilson.

Reaction Score
Plum will never be a good point guard in the WNBA, team would have been better with Moriah. Seattle has a problem at point guard also.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle has a problem at point guard also.

They do? With Stewie and Bird out they've still gotten off to a decent start and I thought Canada was a big part of that

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Good point. Forgot about Bria. :oops:

From the box score, I did not see Asia Durr get any minutes? Any reason beyond a desperate coach needing a win?
The ESPN game recap said that Asia Durr got sick right before game time and was a late scratch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Plum will never be a good point guard in the WNBA, team would have been better with Moriah. Seattle has a problem at point guard also.

Might would have helped if Ms Jefferson could have stayed healthy. Hopefully she can return soon...cause the Wings could use some help.

Reaction Score
Might would have helped if Ms Jefferson could have stayed healthy. Hopefully she can return soon...cause the Wings could use some help.
I found it interesting that they played Brooke McCarty 31 minutes and Ogunbowale 5 minutes

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I found it interesting that they played Brooke McCarty 31 minutes and Ogunbowale 5 minutes

Saving Arike for the last 30 seconds of game five of the NC. ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Arike shot something like 2 of 14 in their previous game. Bricked her way right to a spot on the bench.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arike shot something like 2 of 14 in their previous game. Bricked her way right to a spot on the bench.

Only 4 games in, but so far 26.7% overall and 16.7% behind the arc. Averaging about 11 fga per game. Ouch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Don't doubt that Arike can shoot from the bench. ;)

Reaction Score
I strongly suspect that WNBA teams do not possess much of a scouting dept. This is evident when they pick players that many average followers have a better perspective of the player pool than they do. Arika is a volume shooter streak shooter who can both keep you in games and also shoot you out of them. Her ability to create her own shot is less valuable in the WNBA than it was in college because there are more players like her available who are also more consistent and also play defense. Going by their picks and the players that make their rosters they go more on reputation than actual evaluation.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of boneyard folks are not a fan of her including myself, but what can McCarty that Ogunbowale can’t?

Reaction Score
Ogunbawale rolled her ankle in the first minute of the second quarter and didn’t return to the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty up 23-10 with 8' left in Q2. Asia Durr looking great with 8 points. Her energy is reminding me of CW when she torched ND. I am impressed.

On the other side, Pheesa is not having a good game. Her outside shooting is a big issue. She looks so robotic. :(

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty take second game in a row over Lynx. 75-69.
Kia Nurse was fantastic with 26 points (4-9) from 3 and is at 46% 3pt shooting for the season. But down the stretch, Asia Durr made 2 tough courageous buckets,
To win with Tina only having 9 points is impressive., :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did the Liberty suddenly get tired of being a laughing stock and decide to start paying better? Maybe Smith figured out how to coach in the last week or so.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did the Liberty suddenly get tired of being a laughing stock and decide to start paying better? Maybe Smith figured out how to coach in the last week or so.

They looked like a professional team who use picks well and pass side to side. Kia has definitely made the 2nd year jump (45% 3pt shooting this year) and Asia Durr is the real deal with a really good mid range game. I hope this continues and cant wait till they play at Barclays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom