NY Daily News Editorial today Roger Rubin UConn: Rejoin BE! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NY Daily News Editorial today Roger Rubin UConn: Rejoin BE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, but if I'm UCONN I continue to play football to hopefully win realignment's last lottery ticket and hell, Cincy, Memphis and SMU with Larry Brown is a much more interesting set of teams than Villanova, St. John's, etc.

Reaction Score
Well we have history with those teams, but your right in that I don't see a material difference in terms of quality of play between those teams and the top teams in the AAC. I will miss Nova, the Johnnies, GTown and Seton Hall and Providence. Will not miss Marquette, Depaul, or any of Butler or Creighton either. UConn is a boss in CBB and we will anchor any league we are in that sport, but we need TV $$$

Reaction Score
One of the lessons that we should have learned from our time on the Big East is that we need to be in a conference with like minded schools. That means, among other things, schools that want to play FBS football. We tried being in a conference with teams that didn't care about FBS football and look where it got us. It would be silly to do it again.

Reaction Score
Dear God I hope no one really considers joining The Big East as being a good idea on any level. That league is a ghost of its former self. The name schools like St John's, G Town, and Nova will backslide into irrelevance because they no longer are competing with Cuse, UCONN, Pitt, BC, ND etc. It was the juxtaposition of big schools and smaller ones competing against each other tooth and nail that made it interesting. Now it is kind of small schools who used to be good, versus smaller schools who weren't. UCONN playing in that league would be looked at as the tallest midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom