Nurse, Stevens adjusting to professional life | The Boneyard

Nurse, Stevens adjusting to professional life

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse loved everything about the University of Connecticut. But after four years, she was ready move on.

The basketball part of her college career ended on March 30 when the Huskies lost to Notre Dame in the national semifinals at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. The school part concluded Saturday when the two-time academic All-American was awarded her bachelor's degree during graduation ceremonies in Storrs.

"Graduation was amazing and my parents were excited about it as well," Nurse said Monday. "For me, it was a big goal. I'm fortunate that I had the opportunity to come back for graduation and walk, but I'm really excited to get started with this."

Nurse, a 6-foot guard, made her preseason debut with the New York Liberty at Mohegan Sun Arena. The team's first-round draft pick (No. 10 overall) had 10 points and four rebounds in the Liberty's 76-69 loss to the Dallas Wings.

[Story]

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is video and some Butler in this similar article from the register.

UConn alums Nurse, Stevens and Butler make their pro debuts

“I love the opportunity to play with this team,” Butler said. “I am going to keep working, that has been my motto since day one and it has been working out well. Worry about the things that are in your control and take it from there. I would love to be a part of this fantastic (franchise).

“I learned a lot (during her time at UConn) and I think when you transition over, you learn a lot of things, you learn from the program. Consistency is huge, I think it is part of the season why they are so successful is that every day they come in, they go hard, they execute incredibly well and just being able to have that mental strength every day I think is important for success.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom