Nurse and Edwards Canadian National team training camp roster | The Boneyard

Nurse and Edwards Canadian National team training camp roster

Reaction Score
Fa8Pn2UUEAEsk8p.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Is it surprising Pellington is not included?
Her scholarship as an international student requires in-person attendance at school. It makes a certain amount of sense - that the international student receiving a scholarship remains in the USA - but I am very disappointed they did not make an exception as requested by Adia.

Reaction Score
Her scholarship as an international student requires in-person attendance at school. It makes a certain amount of sense - that the international student receiving a scholarship remains in the USA - but I am very disappointed they did not make an exception as requested by Adia.
Both Coach Barnes and Canada Basketball did their best from what I heard. It's tricky though because it's more than in-class attendance for international students. Sometimes it's a school issue, sometimes it's visa status.

The requirements of the international student visa also have guidelines regarding how long they can be out of the country while attending school. The time required for this training camp and tournament is close to the maximum amount of time that's allowed I believe.

It's not easy to navigate. I respect these women for managing all of this while dealing with school.

Reaction Score
I believe Phillipina Kyei is on the U of Oregon team.. This gets very interesting,
So.. is the general idea is the Aaliyah and these other ladies can be in the Training
Camp for Canada but have little or no change of being at the World Cup?

Reaction Score
I believe Phillipina Kyei is on the U of Oregon team.. This gets very interesting,
So.. is the general idea is the Aaliyah and these other ladies can be in the Training
Camp for Canada but have little or no change of being at the World Cup?
I'm not sure if that's the case this year.

The only person listed with "no chance" would be Prosper by my guess because she's a senior in high school. Most people I've talked to are seeing this as preparation for her more than anything else. It's also unclear whether Kia Nurse is able to participate, so the roster list may be even shorter when I think of it.

This would leave Canada Basketball with either 13 or 14 players to choose from for their 12-player roster. The forward and post position battles will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Canada Basketball posted some pics of the training camp. Nice to see Kia dressed to play. Not sure if she is just yet though.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1661794578118.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661794578118.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 118

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member