Number 25 Princeton in double overtime with Seton Hall. | The Boneyard

Number 25 Princeton in double overtime with Seton Hall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like it will be a Princeton win they are up by four with 10 seconds up. (I have to say the officiating has been very bad.)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
And, on the same general subject, Shea's Vanderbilt team played NC State on the road in Raleigh, and lost by only 8 points (70-62) -- a smaller margin of loss than UConn had on the same court a few weeks ago.

I wonder if the present banged-up UConn roster could beat either Princeton or Vanderbilt. It would be a close game with either of those teams.

Reaction Score
And, on the same general subject, Shea's Vanderbilt team played NC State on the road in Raleigh, and lost by only 8 points (70-62) -- a smaller margin of loss than UConn had on the same court a few weeks ago.

I wonder if the present banged-up UConn roster could beat either Princeton or Vanderbilt. It would be a close game with either of those teams.
Kudos to Princeton and kudos to Vanderbilt, but the notion that UConn might realistically lose to either of them is just plain wrong.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kudos to Princeton and kudos to Vanderbilt, but the notion that UConn might realistically lose to either of them is just plain wrong.
Is it really unrealistic?

UCLA had a much harder time beating Princeton at home than they did beating UConn on a neutral court.

Reaction Score

To be fair, Vandy was down substantially more than that and on their way to a pretty lopsided loss, til a flurry at the end got them to within 8! NC State slacked off at the end and to their credit, Vandy hit them with a pretty good run but the game was never really in doubt! I’m sure Wes set them straight in the locker room after the game.

Reaction Score

Look at the scores .... H.C., Wes, of N C State seems to have lightened up on the gas pedal (defensively) in the fourth quarter.
Still a very good showing for Vanderbilt!

Reaction Score
Look at the scores .... H.C., Wes, of N C State seems to have lightened up on the gas pedal (defensively) in the fourth quarter.
Still a very good showing for Vanderbilt!
NC State eased up in our game in the fourth quarter as well. A win is a win, that's really all that matters.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Article about Princeton, the Ivies, and the depth of WBB as a whole -

"The problem with getting ranked, as Princeton from the Ivy League finally experienced on Wednesday night, is that you have to keep winning to stay ranked... But for me, the bigger takeaways were the reminders of the depth of talent in the women’s game as we enter 2024... But to me, just as significant a measurement of this is found in some gray areas further down the funnel of talent, one that is wider and more flush than ever."

Reaction Score
Looks like it will be a Princeton win they are up by four with 10 seconds up. (I have to say the officiating has been very bad.)
The referees for WBB both NCAA and WNBA is ALWAYS bad to terrible!
I have hardly seen one game that the complete game was well officiated!
Any UCONN game that has Dee Kantnor as head ref, men weep and women cry as UCONN has almost no shot!

Reaction Score
Great commentary on a couple of coaches blazing their way with UConn roots. UConn has lost to two undefeated teams that are pretty quick and UCLA also has some length but in no way would I think that means they couldn't handle Vanderbilt and Princeton with relative ease. UConn is working though some challenges right now but if they match up with a team they aren't going to lose when that team has lesser athletes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My $.02 - UConn is basically down to 8 core players, and 4 of them are freshmen. Each of the freshmen have looked like they belong at times, but at all times now, almost every minute on the court will have at least 1 freshmen... and none of them are Juju Watkins or Mikayla Williams. We are down 2 starters and nothing has really looked right this season. To think at this point that we could beat Vandy or Princeton - it's possible, but also just as likely that we lose. Just look at how close the Kansas game was.

Kudos to Princeton and Vandy for being talked about. This team is a mess at the moment, but for comparison sake, Notre Dame is missing 3 starters, not 2 (Citron, Miles, and Prosper), and somehow managed to erase a 16 point deficit against Tennessee (causing an epic meltdown on their board) to win. UConn managed to battle back against UCLA, but replacing what we lost with what we have is a huge step down.

I'd LIKE to think we'd beat Princeton and Vandy, but Princeton gave us all we could handle last season, and with Aaliyah MIA, 4 players injured at this time, Paige dealing with patella tendonitis, I'd expect a lot of games to look like the awful one the end of last season vs. last place Xavier in the BE. And I'm just waiting for the next injury shoe to drop.

Back to Princeton - congrats on the sharp season so far. Also kudos to Seton Hall for playing them super close. At 4-3, they don't seem to be on a path to make the big dance, but I think if we play the season with who we currently have, the Big East will be peppered with land mines.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The referees for WBB both NCAA and WNBA is ALWAYS bad to terrible!
I have hardly seen one game that the complete game was well officiated!
Any UCONN game that has Dee Kantnor as head ref, men weep and women cry as UCONN has almost no shot!
This is beyond foolish, but it's a take. LOL

FYI, I have a photo of Dee and Diana. When Diana autographed it (During the USA Camp in the triangle years back) she commented Dee was her favorite ref.

Reaction Score
My $.02 - UConn is basically down to 8 core players, and 4 of them are freshmen. Each of the freshmen have looked like they belong at times, but at all times now, almost every minute on the court will have at least 1 freshmen... and none of them are Juju Watkins or Mikayla Williams. We are down 2 starters and nothing has really looked right this season. To think at this point that we could beat Vandy or Princeton - it's possible, but also just as likely that we lose. Just look at how close the Kansas game was.
UCLA Coach Cori played her freshmen quite a lot last season because she really had no choice. Rice and Jones played over 20 mpg. Jaquez and Sontag played 17mpg and Iwuala got 12 mpg. I remember several instances where four and sometimes five freshmen were on the floor together. UCLA had some tough losses - to Arizona at home after relinquishing a big lead late and close defeats at Colorado and Utah. The experience the freshmen, now sophomores, gained made them a better team at the Pac-12 and NCAA tournaments and has clearly made the overall team much stronger this season (admittedly getting Lauren Betts helps a lot).

With freshmen comprising four of its eight core players UConn will likely benefit by taking a similar approach. UConn's tough non-conference schedule might make it difficult for the coaching staff to let the freshmen learn from their freshmen mistakes in close games. It will accelerate their growth, however, and make the team more robust and not reliant solely on Paige and Aaliyah come March.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I like Chen in National Flag Blue!
I was thinking something similar. It’s likely that somebody will be getting quite a catch from the portal next spring.

Fellow Princetonian Abby Myers was fantastic with Maryland in her covid year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom