Now we're a joke to the casual sports fan too | The Boneyard

Now we're a joke to the casual sports fan too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yipeeee

http://deadspin.com/5957746/college...saturday-besides-kentuckys-joker-phillips-rip

"Hats off to Connecticut, which took advantage of a South Florida defense averaging over four touchdowns allowed in its last five games by putting up a whopping six points. That makes four games in a row in which the Huskies haven't been able to score more than 14, the longest streak since the team made the move to Division I-A. It's not too late to go back, UConn. It's never too late to go back."

Reaction Score
I read this column every week. I've been waiting for us to be on there.

Friggin PP/GDL

bang-head-on-wall.gif

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
If we're going to worry about what other people say about our team, we're going to end up in an insane asylum. Our team is what it is: bad. I suspect the comments from deadspin aren't the worst we will see.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
"Oh, it will be OK once P gets his recruits." -sentiments of others

Give me a break. I don't care if I knew it would happen. This hire has been a two-story face plant.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see P and D teach teach their kids to not block, break tackles, and not score.

Reaction Score
We are still dealing with lunatic UConn fans trying to coinvince us we sucked when we won football games. Why should anyone be surprised that people think we suck now?

Reaction Score
We are still dealing with lunatic UConn fans trying to coinvince us we sucked when we won football games. Why should anyone be surprised that people think we suck now?

Show me where UConn "fans" have said we "sucked". We weren't good, but we didn't suck.

Reaction Score
I don't get it? We can throw the ball now and we have this really cool wildcat offense. I mean, just the duck'n name is cool.....wildcat. We can put WRs under center, breakout QBs as receivers, put 160 LB TBs at FB, we have complicated "zone blocking schemes". We're just like Oregon except for all the TDs and points. Just because we can't block for and haven't scored a TD since the Carter Administration folks are all over our ass.

Reaction Score
Show me where UConn "fans" have said we "sucked". We weren't good, but we didn't suck.

SDH said not 20 minutes ago we were no better than this in 2010. Well, since we suck now ....

And if sharing your conference championship 2 out of 4 years doesn't qualify as good -- not great but good -- you need a dictionary.

Reaction Score
that's bcuz the author of that article doesn't know what PP has going on in his evil little mind. PP was strategically playing for field position, hence therefore the reason for only 6 pts...PP is diabolical......

Reaction Score
SDH said not 20 minutes ago we were no better than this in 2010. Well, since we suck now ....

And if sharing your conference championship 2 out of 4 years doesn't qualify as good -- not great but good -- you need a dictionary.

I guess we'll have to disagree. I consider anyone ranked in the top 30 or so to be good.

Reaction Score
We are still dealing with lunatic UConn fans trying to convince us we sucked when we won football games. Why should anyone be surprised that people think we suck now?

My favorite lunatics are the ones who will go the grave insisting we are better off now than under the guy who averaged 8 wins and a bowl his last four seasons and recruited most of the players on the No. 9 defense in the country, at least three of whom have a shot at playing on Sundays.

Reaction Score
My favorite lunatics are the ones who will go the grave insisting we are better off now than under the guy who averaged 8 wins and a bowl his last four seasons and recruited most of the players on the No. 9 defense in the country, at least three of whom have a shot at playing on Sundays.

I don't know how any sane person can come to that conclusion.

Reaction Score
I think 5 have legit shots of playing in Sunday....Hathaway probably wakes up laughing at us. This hire couldn't have worked out any worse. Year 3 will need to be one of the greatest sports miracles of all-time just to save the program.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Tailspin isn't aware that it's not about points. It's the Defense and the Kicking Game that will win games this year. Paul was actually almost right about that Saturday night.

Gotta say, although I love UCONN hoops and we watch all the M/W games either at home or live, I HATE WHEN HOOPS TRUMPS FOOTBALL. hate it. hate it when people tell me "well, we still have basketball." We get beat by US F and the mens/women's hoops win in landslides (opponents notwithstanding.)

For years, I would jokingly (only kind of) announce that in my house, UConn BBall officially takes a back seat to FB until after our bowl game. Can't make that statement too confidently this year. I so want our football program to have some RELEVANCE. I want it for the kids on the team, and selfishly, for me. I want to really expect a win, not just pray for one. Keep coming back like Charlie Brown to that damn football, and Lucy PasquaDeleone keeps pulling it away at the last minute. Despite winding up on my ass yet again this past weekend, I'll be at the Rent Friday night going hoarse and expecting a miracle win. Just want to see a DJ throwing the ball out of the stadium kind of win. If Lucy pulls that damn ball out, I'm gonna kick her in the head.
lucy-p.jpg

Just for the seniors. Just for the players. And, yup, selfishly...for me and my son.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
best paint job yet huskiesfan1014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think that should be a signature 4 u. im going to do one soon also for my own...

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
I tell ya PP is a freaking genius! He has his NFL hat on , you wait till you see the Great Draft pick w.... OH S%#T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom