Now the waiting game | The Boneyard

Now the waiting game

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
At this point, I hope we get one and it's close enough to make it possible for Keith and Paul to travel there if they'd like to.

Reaction Score
To see if UConn gets a call for a bowl game. Terrible way to end the season but doesn't take away from the surprising season UConn had compared to the past six years.

Absolutely. We made too many mistakes to win today and it was a disappointing day, but we won some games this season that most people at season's start would never have given us a chance to win, so big time strides were made this season to breathe UConn Football back to life.

Now we all hope it's enough to go bowling.

Reaction Score
We’d be waiting even if we won. I wanted the win but I don’t think it makes a difference with 7 or 6 wins.

We can keep practicing in the interim.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
1668892670957.png

Reaction Score
Is there even really a waiting game? I've seen a few national guys saying anyone bowl eligible will get one even if they have to create additional bowl games
Moreso the where and when in my mind... First Sunday in December is usually Bowl Selection Sunday

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is there even really a waiting game? I've seen a few national guys saying anyone bowl eligible will get one even if they have to create additional bowl games
Yes, talking heads are saying this (and I absolutely hope it happens) but they aren't the ones who will decide whether or not to add games.

Reaction Score
To me, that win over Liberty when we were decided underdogs was the game that should have sealed the deal especially with all the injuries this team suffered to many of their key players in the start of the season. This team never quit and fought through it to the end. They deserve a bowl game because no one would ever expect them to have such a successful season. I am proud of their newfound competing with the best under JM who proved it didn't have to take 5 years to be successful. The 6-6 record at the end doesn't look earth shaking, but from where this team was and to see them now, there is no doubt that a bowl game is due.

Reaction Score
I've seen a few national guys saying anyone bowl eligible will get one even if they have to create additional bowl games
I feel stupid for asking, but this is a joke right?

Reaction Score
It is not, that's what happened last year and will apparently happen again this year if it comes down to it
Wow that’s shocking to me

I would think it’s not exactly a logistical walk in the park to set up bowl games on the fly in a matter of a couple weeks

And to what end are “they” (who exactly?) bending over backwards to create bowl games for .500 teams?

Reaction Score
Wow that’s shocking to me

I would think it’s not exactly a logistical walk in the park to set up bowl games on the fly in a matter of a couple weeks

And to what end are “they” (who exactly?) bending over backwards to create bowl games for .500 teams?
Yeah not exactly sure how the logistics worked, can't be easy to find a location and get it all set up in a few weeks. I think it was ESPN who was technically pushing for it and got it set up. Last year was for a 6-7 Hawaii team

Reaction Score
Yeah not exactly sure how the logistics worked, can't be easy to find a location and get it all set up in a few weeks. I think it was ESPN who was technically pushing for it and got it set up. Last year was for a 6-7 Hawaii team
The first thing I think of is how they find towns with adequate football/soccer stadiums with hotels able to accommodate a sudden influx of dozens of thousands of people; and call up all relevant event staff in such a short period of time. You’re talking several hundred workers. I figure there are only so many towns that even have that capability with months of planning, that haven’t already been contracted for another bowl. And then there’s food vendors to contract and prepare; again on such short notice.

That must be a pretty chaotic committee lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the bowl game was played in Hawaii I can see the rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom