Now the fans have to do their part! | The Boneyard

Now the fans have to do their part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde did his part.......now we need to do ours.

The players probably have a wide range of emotions........no matter what they may have thought of PP as a coach, he gave them a chance to earn an education at the next level, a chance that otherwise some may not have had without the UConn scholarship.

Now we have to replicate the Michigan atmosphere the rest of the season for at least a few reasons:

Kids need support because their emotions may be in turmoil for a number of reasons.

Like Geno said, "its neasy to be a fan when the team is good, its more important to be a fan when a team is trying to be good." Lousy record, but the kids need our support now more than ever.

We have to help Warde sell the program. Bringing potential candidates to a half filled stadium, or them witnessing a semi empty stadium on TV, puts a nail in the coffin PP & GDL built.

Now its about the kids.....its about the future of the program........it may even be about the future of the UConn athletic institution..........a "rabbid" fan base, no matter how tough it may seem, no matter how bad the record, go a long way to making it easier for Warde to attract the best candidate he can. It shows a fan base that is hungry for success, and consistent in support.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what our fanbase needs to focus on.

Unfortunately the typical spoiled CT fans are already showing their true faces, as I have had people in my season ticket group tell me they are not interested in going to games now. Which annoys me because we got rid of the problem, and now its about our university and not a terrible head coach.

Reaction Score
TDUConn, perfectly said. Coaches come, coaches go, but UConn never leaves us. Now is indeed the time for all who reside in HuskyNation to rally behind a bunch of kids who give all they have...every day of the week...on the field and in the classroom. If we don't fill that stadium, what message does the fan base deliver? That we only care if you are winning? The difference between a good program and a GREAT program is fan support, in good times but ESPECIALLY in the hard times. UConn is a great university (getting greater by the day!), let's stand strong behind our school and our student-athletes and show the world what it means to be a Husky. Warde made a tough, but necessary, decision. Now we need to be tough and support the team as it rebuilds. Nothing kills the spirit like a lack of support.
HuskyNation, make your presence felt. Get to at least one more game than you planned, show this team...and the ACC and the Big10...that our fan base is strong and loud!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is exactly what our fanbase needs to focus on.

Unfortunately the typical spoiled CT fans are already showing their true faces, as I have had people in my season ticket group tell me they are not interested in going to games now. Which annoys me because we got rid of the problem, and now its about our university and not a terrible head coach.

I think you are absolutely off base with this comment. First of all insulting the "typical CT fan" is no way to rally support. Secondly, I don't know with whom you go to games, but my group is more fired up as we speak.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have to admit, I'm excited for the rest of the season even if the results in the win/loss column don't change that much.

Every extra day P was here, was another day we'll have to spend digging out of the mess he created.

It's officially a new era at UConn and that alone feels good.

Reaction Score
Warde did his part.......now we need to do ours.

The players probably have a wide range of emotions........no matter what they may have thought of PP as a coach, he gave them a chance to earn an education at the next level, a chance that otherwise some may not have had without the UConn scholarship.

Now we have to replicate the Michigan atmosphere the rest of the season for at least a few reasons:

Kids need support because their emotions may be in turmoil for a number of reasons.

Like Geno said, "its neasy to be a fan when the team is good, its more important to be a fan when a team is trying to be good." Lousy record, but the kids need our support now more than ever.

We have to help Warde sell the program. Bringing potential candidates to a half filled stadium, or them witnessing a semi empty stadium on TV, puts a nail in the coffin PP & GDL built.

Now its about the kids.....its about the future of the program........it may even be about the future of the UConn athletic institution..........a "rabbid" fan base, no matter how tough it may seem, no matter how bad the record, go a long way to making it easier for Warde to attract the best candidate he can. It shows a fan base that is hungry for success, and consistent in support.

Great Statement....... Post this on Facebook page so some of the current students can see this as well.

Reaction Score
USF game is Homecoming too. We should have a great crowd(35K +) for Boyle's first game.

Reaction Score
IMG_2914.JPG

Reaction Score
I think you are absolutely off base with this comment. First of all insulting the "typical CT fan" is no way to rally support. Secondly, I don't know with whom you go to games, but my group is more fired up as we speak.

While it may not be THEE typical fan, unfortunately regarding UConn athletic, i.e., men's and women's BB fans have shown to be either bored with winning by too much (Women's BB) or unhappy with a team losing (men's BB) and the empty seats arrive.

As far as FB goes the typical UConn fan is not educated enough to know what to think. They are easily swayed by ignorant opinion or don't get the big boy football atmoshphere thing yet.

WHEN we start winning again they'll return.

Reaction Score
Never forget the most important thing fb has over bball...it's an event preceded by tailgating and getting in the mood to cheer wildly when your team takes the field. A chance to see true gladiators in the heat of battle with the will and never-say-die attitude to win! To paraphrase Robert Frost..."And that makes all the difference."

Reaction Score
I have seen this post since yesterday but when I clicked on here a minute ago I saw that post and for whatever reason I thought to myself that the BY already did our part. Just kidding, it has been pretty hot and heavy here over the last couple of years. I think the BY should take some credit. Will be there on the 12th for the Restart of the Season. Go Huskies!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Never forget the most important thing fb has over bball...it's an event preceded by tailgating and getting in the mood to cheer wildly when your team takes the field. A chance to see true gladiators in the heat of battle with the will and never-say-die attitude to win! To paraphrase Robert Frost..."And that makes all the difference."

The pre-game libations and eats do help the mood for sure...

Reaction Score
Fans create the energy for the players and they use that to play well.....its not the players creating energy for the fans

I think a lot of UConn fans think its the teams job to create an atmosphere where they can cheer.....it should be the fans creating an atmosphere where they can play their heart out

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the moment I have six coworkers coming with me to the USF game with four more as possible. To be completely fair, the six were asked and answered about a week ago so the new coach had little to do with it but the other four became interested this morning.

Reaction Score
While it may not be THEE typical fan, unfortunately regarding UConn athletic, i.e., men's and women's BB fans have shown to be either bored with winning by too much (Women's BB) or unhappy with a team losing (men's BB) and the empty seats arrive.

As far as FB goes the typical UConn fan is not educated enough to know what to think. They are easily swayed by ignorant opinion or don't get the big boy football atmoshphere thing yet.

WHEN we start winning again they'll return.

I'm a typical UConn FB fan and educated enough to know what to think, not swayed by your ignorant opinion and do get the big boy football atmosphere thing.

Reaction Score
Sage advice from Mr. Wreh-Wilson during Michigan game:

“@BlidiWrehWil5on: UConn fans need to realize...this passion you see these boys playing with, a lotta it feeds off the energy of the fans!!”

“@BlidiWrehWil5on: When you play at home you gotta #LOCKTHEGATE and let the opponent know what's really good”

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I was able to reach Jonathan Husky to get his take on the new coaching staff and how he felt about game-time atmosphere. Here's what he had to say:

Reaction Score
We have o be there from kickoff until clock hits :00 at the end of the game. Was planning on going anyways..but now more than ever you have to be a loyal fan!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom