Now that "Jimmy One Title" Boeheim's season is over... | The Boneyard

Now that "Jimmy One Title" Boeheim's season is over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has plenty of time on his hands to share his infinite wisdom on the state of the college game, one and done's, etc... I mean everyone knows by now that the guy is normally full of it but this is some really sanctimonious, hyperbolic BS even by his standards... maybe the funniest part is the fact checking they do on his claim regarding 1st round picks...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-for-tyler-ennis-and-jerami-grant-is-hogwash/

and gotta love the comment towards Kemba in this one... what an all around miserable human being

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/3/24/5541716/nba-stars-march-madness-jabari-parker-andrew-wiggins

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Boeheim is a miserable ol' basturd.

Love this part especially (further proof that the Fruit don't produce NBA talent):

Maybe Boeheim is just too colored by his own experiences. Since Carmelo Anthony, just three of seven Syracuse first-round picks are still in the NBA.

In:

Out:

• Fab Melo (2012)
  • Jonny Flynn (2009)
  • Donte Greene (2008)
  • Hakim Warrick (2005)

Reaction Score
Now he has to teach more 18-year-olds a defensive system that will help them win regular season games and actually hinder their pro prospects, since no one in the NBA knows how to assess the defensive potential of kids stuck in a 2-3 zone full-time.

The worst part is how unbelievably single-minded Boeheim is about this stuff.

BINGO…..he blows as does the Cuse!!

Reaction Score
Love the veiled shot at Kemba. He should focus on PGs he developed, like Johnny Flynn. Hell of an NBA career he had. I mean his zone really prepares guys for the NBA.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Love the veiled shot at Kemba. He should focus on PGs he developed, like Johnny Flynn. Hell of an NBA career he had. I mean his zone really prepares guys for the NBA.

Was thinking the same thing when I read that. What a .

its nice to see the rest of the world catching up to the yard though. We've been saying some of this stuff for years.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'd love him to find 19 point guards better than Kemba (18 and 6).

I was thinking the exact same thing. But the man is a ...

Reaction Score
Then you have guys like Jim Calhoun who basically told Caron Butler he wasn't welcome back at UConn because he was a guaranteed lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Let us never underestimate what the hiring of Calhoun did to the pscyhe of Boeheim, Syracuse University and their fan base.

The Calhoun Era has led Boeheim to essentially dismiss the post 80's BE as just another conference, it led him to openly trash Kemba who owned one of the great BE seasons of all time, and it led Syracuse to ask for UConn to be kept out of the ACC when they were asked their opinion. With a chance to keep a great rivalry alive, they chose to end it out of fear.

And now JB is getting older, his tournament exits are getting more embarassing and there's a new sheriff in town in Storrs, CT, whose already advancing farther than JB. Don't think Boeheim doesn't understand who is playing on Friday night in MSG. This was supposed to be his night, a 1 seed wrapped up nice and tidy a few weeks ago or so we were told by all the fruit fans.

I fully expect it to drive him so crazy that instead of watching, he'll be like Walter White, holed up in some tiny shack in NH with no electricity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Boeheim says the NBA doesn't work with players? You mean like how the Pistons haven't worked with Andre Drummond?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
What, no fruit fans here to defend him? He's an indefensible, miserable turd masquerading as a rather funny looking human.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Boeheim says the NBA doesn't work with players? You mean like how the Pistons haven't worked with Andre Drummond?

Well it makes sense. Invest millions of dollars into a player and then not work with them. Must be the best job in the world being a mid to late 1st round pick. Get millions of dollars to sit on the bench and never work in practice. Got it.

I think a few people on this thread have hit the nail on the head. Boeheim is getting old. The 2-3 zone only brings a championship when you have Carmelo Anthony (I still wish UCONN was in their bracket that year because there was no way they would have gotten that title). He no longer cares about his players or university and cares only about his legacy. He knows that he needs to win another national title before he's done and that just isn't going to happen without manipulating his talented players into staying too long. His one and only title is credited more to Carmelo than to him and he so desperately wants to show that it's his 2-3 zone that wins championships. Maybe he's finally realizing that the 2-3 zone doesn't win championships and has gone into full self-preservation mode in his old age. Sad and pathetic.

Reaction Score
How can even to most moronic Orange fans defend this dope….although they obviously know little about basketball they can easily see if this guy had even a full court zone trap or a sudden man-to-man (omg) to throw at Dayton he could have changed the game, anything. But he does nothing - the only reason BC won is he did NOTHING…….he sucks, he has great players and plays a lot of OOC games in which he has won 99% over 50 years - but besides Carmello this guy is potentially the most overrated coach in the history of college basketball, and by a very wide margin!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Now he has to teach more 18-year-olds a defensive system that will help them win regular season games and actually hinder their pro prospects, since no one in the NBA knows how to assess the defensive potential of kids stuck in a 2-3 zone full-time.

The worst part is how unbelievably single-minded Boeheim is about this stuff.

BINGO…..he blows as does the Cuse!!
Case in point. One n' Doner Orangeman, Carmelo Anthony. Are you really surprised the biggest knock on him (other than being selfish) is that he doesn't (read: can't) play a lick of defense? Gerry McNamara had the offensive tools to be in the NBA, if only he could stay between his man and the basket. Fab Melo is 7 feet tall. He's a great shot blocker if you never leave the paint, but they play man-to-man defense in the NBA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Or how OKC has worked with Thabeet and Lamb? Jeremy has turned out to be quite the solid pro at this point, and he spent time in the D-League while OKC brought him along slowly. I still have hope for Thabeet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom