Now is the time for Blumenthal to declare war | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Now is the time for Blumenthal to declare war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have AGAIN outdone yourself for stupid posts. Now 4 in three weeks.

Are you auditioning for stupidest posts in America.

We don't need more people against us. Shotgun weddings are not the order. Tell the Junior Senator to go back and actually do something down there in Washington. Cut taxes or something. Have him stay the hell of out this. He caused enough trouble.

Rich:

Do Something for Blumenthal and Murphy would be RAISING TAXES!! If they ever voted to CUT taxes, I'll be the first one in line to say I was wrong!!

Reaction Score
Rich:

Do Something for Blumenthal and Murphy would be RAISING TAXES!! If they ever voted to CUT taxes, I'll be the first one in line to say I was wrong!!

I mean seriously -- LMAO. They are both on record on supporting cutting the tax rates on 98% of Americans on 1/1 when th temporary tax rate reduction phases out. Of course, Republicans are expressing their unwillingness to support that tax cut.

I know that facts don't enter your analysis because your mind is made up but what I just stated is not an opinion -- it is a fact. No matter how Fox News portrays it.

Reaction Score
I mean seriously -- LMAO. They are both on record on supporting cutting the tax rates on 98% of Americans on 1/1 when th temporary tax rate reduction phases out. Of course, Republicans are expressing their unwillingness to support that tax cut.

I know that facts don't enter your analysis because your mind is made up but what I just stated is not an opinion -- it is a fact. No matter how Fox News portrays it.

if you're going to continuosly take shots at Fox News, try not to lie. Especially when lecturing about offering up facts.

The Republicans have not expressed unwillingness to support a tax cut. They're unwilling to support another tax increase.

What you and your ilk continuously refuse to accept is that obamacare is kicking in, and that means there are a number of new taxes coming. from a tax on home sales anddurable medical equipment to taxes on health care plans increases in capital gains taxes.

What you're doing is pretending that the democrats want to cut everyone's taxes but the rich. If you raise everyone's taxes (for example) 10%, and then give 98% of those people a 5% tax cut, it doesn't matter what you did to the other 2%. You didn't cut taxes, you raised them. You apparently enjoy that fuzzy government math that tells people they are going to save us $1 billion by spending $2 billion instead of $3 billion.

You probably spent 8 years complaining about Bush's tax cuts for the rich. The ones Obama promised to eliminate once he was elected. Ironically here we are almost into his second term and he's using those same tax cuts....the ones he allowed to continue, and that everyone got.... to draw a wedge between people and maintain his class warfare.

After 10+/- years, they are no longer tax cuts. They are the current tax rates. Either congress continues the current tax rates, or they raise them. But nobody is getting a tax cut. We already got it. That's the fact.

Reaction Score
if you're going to continuosly take shots at Fox News, try not to lie. Especially when lecturing about offering up facts.

The Republicans have not expressed unwillingness to support a tax cut. They're unwilling to support another tax increase.

What you and your ilk continuously refuse to accept is that obamacare is kicking in, and that means there are a number of new taxes coming. from a tax on home sales anddurable medical equipment to taxes on health care plans increases in capital gains taxes.

What you're doing is pretending that the democrats want to cut everyone's taxes but the rich. If you raise everyone's taxes (for example) 10%, and then give 98% of those people a 5% tax cut, it doesn't matter what you did to the other 2%. You didn't cut taxes, you raised them. You apparently enjoy that fuzzy government math that tells people they are going to save us $1 billion by spending $2 billion instead of $3 billion.

You probably spent 8 years complaining about Bush's tax cuts for the rich. The ones Obama promised to eliminate once he was elected. Ironically here we are almost into his second term and he's using those same tax cuts....the ones he allowed to continue, and that everyone got.... to draw a wedge between people and maintain his class warfare.

After 8 years, they are no longer tax cuts. They are the current tax rates. Either congress continues the current tax rates, or they raise them. But nobody is getting a tax cut. We already got it. That's the fact.

Everything I said is 100% accurate. If the cliff isn't avoided the Senate will pass a bill on 1/2 cutting the rates for 98% and the House isn't saying they will pass it. You can spin it how you'd like. but it is what it is.

I won't get into it with you here so feel free to have the last word. But Art does this so damn frequently on this board that I felt hypocrisy needed to be pointed out.

Reaction Score
Everything I said is 100% accurate. If the cliff isn't avoided the Senate will pass a bill on 1/2 cutting the rates for 98% and the House isn't saying they will pass it. You can spin it how you'd like. but it is what it is.

I won't get into it with you here so feel free to have the last word. But Art does this so damn frequently on this board that I felt hypocrisy needed to be pointed out.

I'm not doing the spinning. You're being very selective with your "facts". If taxes are raised on 12/31, then, on 1/2 returned back to where they were on 12/30, that's only a tax cut to the intellectually dishonest. Especially when those people ignore the multitude of other new taxes hitting people in a number of ways at many different income levels.

You and Rachel Maddow can pretend like the democrats are really helping us out, when the fact is they have already raised taxes on all of us, they just don't start until obamacare kicks in.

Reaction Score
I'm not doing the spinning. You're being very selective with your "facts". If taxes are raised on 12/31, then, on 1/2 returned back to where they were on 12/30, that's only a tax cut to the intellectually dishonest. Especially when those people ignore the multitude of other new taxes hitting people in a number of ways at many different income levels.

You and Rachel Maddow can pretend like the democrats are really helping us out, when the fact is they have already raised taxes on all of us, they just don't start until obamacare kicks in.

Last thing I will say: I did not say Blumenthal never voted to raise taxes, or that he's a good senator. I responded to a specific line (not yours) with a fact that rendered it dumb.

Have a nice day.

Reaction Score
Last thing I will say: I did not say Blumenthal never voted to raise taxes, or that he's a good senator. I responded to a specific line (not yours) with a fact that rendered it dumb.

Have a nice day.
You're ignoring the analyisis of that fact, because when analyzed and examined it's apparent that it doesn't render his line dumb. it only exposes yours as being as partisan as mine or anyone elses.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I missed an opportunity to represent this board today and get some insider info.

I was in Hartford at lunch time talking to my buddy outside the State House Square Garage on Market Street
In the middle of our conversation my buddy goes "Hey look, Richard Blumenthal."
And no , Senator Blumenthal was in the passenger seat pulling out of the garage in a non descript older Ford Escape.

I should have run after him screaming about conference realignment and what he is doing about it.

For you conspiracy theorists the garage exit was right across the street from the UConn School of Business.

Reaction Score

After 10+/- years, they are no longer tax cuts. They are the current tax rates. Either congress continues the current tax rates, or they raise them. But nobody is getting a tax cut. We already got it. That's the fact.

WingU-Conn:

You said it!! the upper class and the middle class will get a TAX RAISE on 1-1-13. As I told my senator - Marco Rubio (what a heck of a Senator) - that EVERYONE will get a tax raise. If we go off the FISCAL CLIFF, the Democrats will get the blame - not the Republicans.

(Now I should go to Free Republic, to talk sports, since the-boneyard must be 'The DEMOCRAT UNDERGROUND'!!) :)

Reaction Score
You have to admire BL. Anyone enough to give himself the name Businesslawyer you have to assume that he's in the tax bracket that will be increased when the deal is done. So he is supporting his own taxes going up.

Reaction Score
You have to admire BL. Anyone enough to give himself the name Businesslawyer you have to assume that he's in the tax bracket that will be increased when the deal is done. So he is supporting his own taxes going up.

And I'm not asking for any "free stuff."

Reaction Score
I love his view reports but, even more amazing is the fact that a business lawyer would have the time to post almost 5000 times on a college sports board. Since so many of the posts seem to come during business hours, he is either the most brilliant business lawyer around or has a really dumb client base. Then again both may be true.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
WingU-Conn:

You said it!! the upper class and the middle class will get a TAX RAISE on 1-1-13. As I told my senator - Marco Rubio (what a heck of a Senator) - that EVERYONE will get a tax raise. If we go off the FISCAL CLIFF, the Democrats will get the blame - not the Republicans.

(Now I should go to Free Republic, to talk sports, since the-boneyard must be 'The DEMOCRAT UNDERGROUND'!!) :)

You told your state senator about federal taxes? Seems productive.

Reaction Score
Someone please lock or delete this nonsense

Why?? The US Senate should stick with what they do best -- which is to control our freedoms. They should not be in the business of telling what conferences should have said school.

Then again, if they spend time with this nonsense, they won't have time to raise TAXES on productive citizens!!

Reaction Score
Why?? The US Senate should stick with what they do best -- which is to control our freedoms. They should not be in the business of telling what conferences should have said school.

Then again, if they spend time with this nonsense, they won't have time to raise TAXES on productive citizens!!

LOL. You certainly answered the prior question.

Reaction Score
UConn was playing nice because that is what the ACC wanted. Didn't do us a bit of good.

I expect that every poster that doesn't like this idea will feel that way primarily because Blumenthal has a "D" next to his name. More party first, even on something like this. For what its worth, Orrin Hatch was a monster pain in the ass to the BCS prior to Utah's admission to the Pac 12, and it definitely got everyone's attention.

I don't like it because I don't like ANY politician using pressure and gumming up the system to benefit a small constituency. If he does it and it works, I'll be happy he did it. But this is pretty much what's wrong with this country to begin with, regardless of whether he has an R or a D next to his name.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Do all the Republican posters in this thread still think that UConn should not use whatever political muscle it has? Rich, HDA, WingU - would you still rather see UConn drown than a Democratic politician help UConn?

Reaction Score
Do all the Republican posters in this thread still think that UConn should not use whatever political muscle it has? Rich, HDA, WingU - would you still rather see UConn drown than a Democratic politician help UConn?

Most of them would rather see the U.S. drown than a Democratic politician help it thrive. So I hope your question is rhetorical.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Dickie Blumenthal is summoned to action again, I will start a petition to countersue him on behalf of UConn fans. Show the school Presidents who hate him that UConn fans also hate him and want to mend bridges, not light more fires to the ashes of the already burnt bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom