Now is not the time to Beat UConn | The Boneyard

Now is not the time to Beat UConn

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The best time to beat UConn WAS early season before January. Now they are playing free and confident. Their defense is stifling. UConn has overcome the pressure of being undefeated, of Murders Row Schedule, of winning 100 in a row. This young team has handled and overcome alot. All this Brenda talk and interviews with the players asking how they will handle UConn only reinforces negative thoughts...that are planted in players sub conscience. Talk is cheep cheep cheep. What it comes down to is UConn is undefeated and the most feared opponent in WCBB. NO team wanted to be in UConns region and MD talked about that. UConns undefeated season and win streak only reinforces that UConn mystique. All the positive talking is just that talk. In the back of every opponents mind they know it not probable they can beat UConn. Unless UConn comes out flat or in foul trouble neither team this weekend has a chance. IMO UConn opponents will be looking for some kind of hope to get them going. The Fear Factor will be the tuffest thing to overcome. Playing in front of a sellout pro UConn crowd and against UConns defense will be overwhelming. There are alot of good teams and there are alot of good teams who can score alot of points....but against UConns defense it doesnt happen. Im expecting two double diget wins this weekend and if UConn gets rolling it could get ugly. It may not snow this weekend but I am confident of an Avalanche in Webster Bank Arena.

The teams remaining are hoping to get to Dallas and the FF. UConn is going to the Top........the VERY TOP.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So preseason we on the BY would have been happy with an elite 8 appearance, we have grown so much over the course of the season. Now we fully expect the National Championship. I would like to thank the administrators for all the great coaching to get us to this point in the season. We know that the girls are ready. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
It may not snow this weekend but I am confident of an Avalanche in Webster Bank Arena.
The UCLA, ORE and MD kids weren't expecting to ski downhill all the way, but I' not sure anyone told them about the avalanche! I hope they read this board. Those Connecticut hills have been known to be treacherous in late March.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The best time to beat UConn WAS early season before January. Now they are playing free and confident. Their defense is stifling. UConn has overcome the pressure of being undefeated, of Murders Row Schedule, of winning 100 in a row. This young team has handled and overcome alot. All this Brenda talk and interviews with the players asking how they will handle UConn only reinforces negative thoughts...that are planted in players sub conscience. Talk is cheep cheep cheep. What it comes down to is UConn is undefeated and the most feared opponent in WCBB. NO team wanted to be in UConns region and MD talked about that. UConns undefeated season and win streak only reinforces that UConn mystique. All the positive talking is just that talk. In the back of every opponents mind they know it not probable they can beat UConn. Unless UConn comes out flat or in foul trouble neither team this weekend has a chance. IMO UConn opponents will be looking for some kind of hope to get them going. The Fear Factor will be the tuffest thing to overcome. Playing in front of a sellout pro UConn crowd and against UConns defense will be overwhelming. There are alot of good teams and there are alot of good teams who can score alot of points....but against UConns defense it doesnt happen. Im expecting two double diget wins this weekend and if UConn gets rolling it could get ugly. It may not snow this weekend but I am confident of an Avalanche in Webster Bank Arena.

The teams remaining are hoping to get to Dallas and the FF. UConn is going to the Top...the VERY TOP.

Indeed!!! There is a time and a place for everything. The time to beat UConn has passed. That ship has sailed. "NO team wanted to be in UConn's region" I think I may have made that observation a time or two as well.

I think the first 6 minutes of each game will tell us what mode our girls are in. If they shoot 80% or better from the floor the first 6 minutes, they're clicking and in sync, and it's going to be a long night for their opponent. They came out red hot the first two games. Let's hope they can keep it going tomorrow night. Go Huskies

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom