Now I Can Die Happy | The Boneyard

Now I Can Die Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unbelievable. Bob Picozzi started to again say Laura Anglen (God only knows why he calls her Anglen, but that can slide) and corrected himself, calling her Lauren.

To give credit where it's due, he corrected his error. Will wonders never cease!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I thought both Bob and Meghan did just fine. I am pleased that no Boneyarders complained about the lengthy interview with Maria. My view that anyone who would complain about new mom Maria being interviewed on camera is just an old poop. And yet another YAY for camera shots of Sveta, Battle, Sue and Jacquie. They have all earned our lasting affection. Besides, once you have seen one of Stef's layups (or Tiffany's crashes to the deck), you've seen them all.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed that they couldn't show the ceremonies during halftime, but understand the need to raise money. At the same time, I'm inclined to agree that this was one of their better efforts. Stuff like the Maria interview is fine with me because it's fresh-- it's not the same old thing, which is what gets Bob and Meghan into trouble, IMHO. I, too, thought the alumni shots were really good, and thought the announcers filled around them well.

While I'm one of the first to criticize, in this case, I'd have to say they did a good job with the material they had.

Reaction Score
And at one point, Bob actually asked Meghan to comment on "the skill set" one has to have to carry out a play that had just occurred. Forgive me for not remembering the play....but Meghan sounded as if she was caught a bit off-guard by the question. Her answer was more of a comment on physical stature than skills. Then a timeout was called and she was spared having to give any more information. I was getting excited at the thought of hearing what she might have to say in response to his question...and I hope they do more of this in future games.

Also, Bob was excellent about telling us the important things that went on during the interview with Maria. And I thought it was quite interesting that he brought up all the old "nay sayers" (some of whom still reside on this board) who put her down all those years ago. She credited her family's support primarily...and support from her teammates and coaches.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought during the coverage that word is getting through. Sometimes it does pay to express concerns when you can be concrete. A step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I agree with Icebear. I wouldn't want to attach too much importance to the things we say here, but it does seem that at least some of the matters we complained about -- not the least of which as how to say the first name of one of the players -- were addressed.

Reaction Score
Now I Can Die Happy!

Unbelievable. Bob Picozzi started to again say Laura Anglen (God only knows why he calls her Anglen, but that can slide) and corrected himself, calling her Lauren...

You'll be even happier when you die after you learn that 'Engeln' means 'Angels' in German. Maybe you'll be greeted by 'engeln' at the Pearly Gates!

Or do tomcats have 9 lives?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I agree with Icebear. I wouldn't want to attach too much importance to the things we say here, but it does seem that at least some of the matters we complained about -- not the least of which as how to say the first name of one of the players -- were addressed.

I thought they did pretty well last night, and I don't remember hearing Bob Picozzi use initials for any of the players. ;)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
You'll be even happier when you die after you learn that 'Engeln' means 'Angels' in German. Maybe you'll be greeted by 'engeln' at the Pearly Gates!

Or do tomcats have 9 lives?

On the other hand, Wonkster, it could be referring to this:

"Engeln is a village and a former municipality in the district of Diepholz, in Lower Saxony, Germany. Since 1 November 2011, it is part of the municipality Bruchhausen-Vilsen."
[edit]​

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unbelievable. Bob Picozzi started to again say Laura Anglen (God only knows why he calls her Anglen, but that can slide) and corrected himself, calling her Lauren.

To give credit where it's due, he corrected his error. Will wonders never cease!

Yes I noticed a "Laura-en". Figured somebody on here would either like it or dislike it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
[quote="Kibitzer, post: 119624 And yet another YAY for camera shots of Sveta, Battle, Sue and Jacquie. [/quote]

And don't forget Stacey.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Thanks, RD.

I'm very familiar with this naming families after the town they're from since my own (German) surname came about in exactly that way. That doesn't alter the fact that the name of the town from which Lauren's antecedents came still ultimately means 'Angels' in German.

I was just having a little fun. :) Not trying to take anything away from your very interesting observation about the origins of Lauren Engeln's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom