Now here's some thinking outside the box for the Blue Lot/Runway | The Boneyard

Now here's some thinking outside the box for the Blue Lot/Runway

Reaction Score
Elevate Your Game Day Environment

>>Imagine a tailgating experience like no other. An elevated structure that gives fans a unique home for tailgating season and let’s your parking lot still stay in full use. Imagine if that same experience could double as student housing or an overnight rental? You don’t have to imagine it. This revolutionary set up is here and you could be leading the pack in game day and fan experience innovation.<<

1569513863983.png

>>The platforms don’t have to be for game days only. This setup allows you to create permanent or semi-permanent housing in the heart of the game day experience. Imagine a packed student section at every game, it’s not far-fetched when you offer students a unique student housing experience that keeps them in the middle of all the action. Or, imagine offering donors an overnight rental space right outside your stadium. This solution makes that possibility a reality. <<

Reaction Score
They won't let students stand up in the back of a pickup truck 3 ft off the grass. A raised platform 10 ft off cement parking lot? Not happening.

Obviously we'd put up yellow caution tape. Jeez.. give us a little credit

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is pretty cool. Imagine having these where you could “tailgate” all day and during the game too. Think 2 levels of these things on either side of the video board in that plaza area? Would be cool.

Reaction Score
Elevate Your Game Day Environment

>>Imagine a tailgating experience like no other. An elevated structure that gives fans a unique home for tailgating season and let’s your parking lot still stay in full use. Imagine if that same experience could double as student housing or an overnight rental? You don’t have to imagine it. This revolutionary set up is here and you could be leading the pack in game day and fan experience innovation.<<

View attachment 46660

>>The platforms don’t have to be for game days only. This setup allows you to create permanent or semi-permanent housing in the heart of the game day experience. Imagine a packed student section at every game, it’s not far-fetched when you offer students a unique student housing experience that keeps them in the middle of all the action. Or, imagine offering donors an overnight rental space right outside your stadium. This solution makes that possibility a reality. <<
Interesting...I know East Hartford wanted housing in the Rentschler area. I was thinking of running for council in East Hartford in 2002. The town was looking at condos there but never built anything (except Cabela's). Student housing for Goodwin - or maybe Connecticut Poly and Marine Sciences U.

Reaction Score
This is pretty cool. Imagine having these where you could “tailgate” all day and during the game too. Think 2 levels of these things on either side of the video board in that plaza area? Would be cool.
This is actually a great idea. The way the Rent is set up with the video board opening being at ground level and easily accessible to driving in makes it doable. I can't think of any stadium that has tailgating IN the stadium. I am sure they could get top dollar for a space and think how cool that would look on TV.

Reaction Score
Interesting...I know East Hartford wanted housing in the Rentschler area. I was thinking of running for council in East Hartford in 2002. The town was looking at condos there but never built anything (except Cabela's). Student housing for Goodwin - or maybe Connecticut Poly and Marine Sciences U.

I think it came out they could not get a clean water supply for housing due to past toxic spills.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why not remove all the seats in the stadium and make it a giant multi-level parking garage where you can see the field right form your tailgate? No more bitching about people not coming into the stadium...
This is like the movie Cars

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Meh. It's cool but ... shrug. Part of the vibe is hanging out in the lot, people coming by and BS'g, etc. I do think it would generate interest for a while though.

Regarding doing it in the Rent, I think a club section is a better choice. Remember that got bogged down because the Jazz memorial would have been in the middle of it. If the AD calls the families and the people who worked on the memorial (one of which is a poster here), I'm sure that they could come to an agreement as to better placement. Personally, I've always thought that it belonged on the field, just outside the tunnel so the guys could tap it on the way on to the field. It would be a cool tradition and would be a tangible reminder of the "play every play..." philosophy as a part of our identity.

I get the idea was to have the memorial accessible to fans, but I think that was a better concept than it turned out to be in reality.

CL82

Reaction Score
Here’s some “outside the box thinking”:

Install the triple option.
Disagree but you get a like for persistence.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why not remove all the seats in the stadium and make it a giant multi-level parking garage where you can see the field right form your tailgate? No more bitching about people not coming into the stadium...
Plus horn honking/lights flashing on 3rd down >>> key shaking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom