Now Geno, why NCAA hates us so much? | The Boneyard

Now Geno, why NCAA hates us so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is the NCAA hating us the way it does? First they hit our men's
basketball team with ban for our poor APR. As if UNC or UK is any
better. Now Geno with this ridiculous secondary violation. Have we become America's CBB team where they love to hate us. Help me with this.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Why is the NCAA hating us the way it does? First they hit our men's
basketball team with ban for our poor APR. As if UNC or UK is any
better. Now Geno with this ridiculous secondary violation. Have we become America's CBB team where they love to hate us. Help me with this.
Keep in mind that for NCAA to sanction the mens' basketball team they had to:
1) change the rules;
2) apply them retroactively so that it was mathmatically impossible for UConn to be in compliance;
3) refuse to use current APR numbers even though UConn offered them to the NCAA;
4) and punish UConn twice for the same APR score (original sanction was the loss of 2 scholarships in 2011 - apparently Emmert and company wasn't happy that UConn won the national championship despite having two fewer scholarship players than there peers.)

Meanwhile UNC is allowed to have no show classes for athletes bolstering it's APR scores because giving athlete's A's in classes they don't attend is an institutional issue, not an athletic one. (I know that the UNC investigation has been reopened but that was only after whistle blowers made it impossible to ignore.) What happened at UNC is not only "not any better" it is far, far worse and certainly seems to suggest a lack of institutional control.

Two key constitutional principals are that you can't make something a crime after it's retroactively (ex post facto) and that you can't punish someone twice for the same offense (double jeopardy). Apparently the NCAA never got those memos.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very simple answer - Emmert.

For what ever reason, and though many will say the evidence is circumstantial, Emmert has a problem with Uconn.

Reaction Score
PJ, I'm not here to judge anyone's grammar. I'm too old for that crap.
I'm here to have fun. So please save it for someone else.

Reaction Score
Why is the NCAA hating us the way it does?

Mark Emmert, current President of the NCAA was the former corrupt, incompetent Chancellor of the University of Connecticut who left his position under dark clouds of suspicion. He is a really, really bad guy.

Reaction Score
Two key constitutional principals are that you can't make something a crime after it's retroactively (ex post facto) and that you can't punish someone twice for the same offense (double jeopardy). Apparently the NCAA never got those memos.

I once ran a stop sign in our neighborhood, 2 years before they installed the stop sign. They mailed me a ticket retroactively, plus whacked on a late charge for late late payment! Double punishment, for something I should have known would have been there down the road. ;)

Reaction Score
Emmert had to make himself look good. So why not
pick his former school to do so. Good point about
UNC. If our guys have done that, who knows what type of ban we would have received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom