Now Baylor adds Erin DeGrate — a 6’6” transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now Baylor adds Erin DeGrate — a 6’6” transfer

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
But let’s stop acting like Baylor will be 2016 UConn and will be unbeatable. There are a number of teams who will be similarly talented and have coaches as good as Mulkey. Yes, they are favored to reach the Final Four again and will be very good but I don’t think they will just breeze through the season unchallenged. Just my honest opinion.

Baylor cruises thru the regular season with only a few losses every year. They didn't reach the Final 4 from 2013 thru 2018. It's not like getting to the Final 4 is a given for them like it is UConn, regardless of how much talent they have.

Reaction Score
Baylor cruises thru the regular season with only a few losses every year. They didn't reach the Final 4 from 2013 thru 2018. It's not like getting to the Final 4 is a given for them like it is UConn, regardless of how much talent they have.

I agree which is why I said I don’t think they will be unbeatable. I think Baylor and a couple other elite programs needs to schedule tougher. What’s the point of a 30 win season if it’s against cupcakes?

Reaction Score
So you wouldn’t trade Didi for Sabrina?
Nope! Sabrina is great but I’d rather have didi Richards and the other guards! Didi plays outstanding defense, knows how to cut and slash to the basket, has high assist to turnover ratio, and she has developed a 3 point shot. Next season you will see didi making 3’s. Teams should not slouch off didi anymore

Reaction Score
Nope! Sabrina is great but I’d rather have didi Richards and the other guards! Didi plays outstanding defense, knows how to cut and slash to the basket, has high assist to turnover ratio, and she has developed a 3 point shot. Next season you will see didi making 3’s. Teams should not slouch off didi anymore
Well, you will probably never be a WNBA general manager. Let’s play the games.

Reaction Score
Well, you will probably never be a WNBA general manager. Let’s play the games.
Lol okay never said I was going to be a general manager! Just watch, when Baylor plays Oregon again didi will shut her down again!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Lol okay never said I was going to be a general manager! Just watch, when Baylor plays Oregon again didi will shut her down again!
Pretty remarkable, then, that in a game where Sabrina got "shut down" Oregon still took Baylor all the way to the wire.

Reaction Score
Pretty remarkable, then, that in a game where Sabrina got "shut down" Oregon still took Baylor all the way to the wire.

Because Oregon is/was good. If you shut down the star the of a good team then you hope the others step up.

Reaction Score
Lol Oregon is good I was expecting them to be as good as advertised. What’s also remarkable is that Baylor won without making any 3’s while Oregon made like 13. So yeah imagine if Baylor made some 3’s that game and if Oregon didn’t make as many. Baylor would’ve won by way more

Plebe

Reaction Score
Lol Oregon is good I was expecting them to be as good as advertised. What’s also remarkable is that Baylor won without making any 3’s while Oregon made like 13. So yeah imagine if Baylor made some 3’s that game and if Oregon didn’t make as many. Baylor would’ve won by way more
And imagine if my aunt had different anatomical features. She would've been my uncle.

Reaction Score
And imagine if my aunt had different anatomical features. She would've been my uncle.
Lol I still believe Baylor will beat Oregon again. Sometimes great players don’t win championships.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Lol I still believe Baylor will beat Oregon again. Sometimes great players don’t win championships.
Yes, we get it, you're a homer.

(Okay so Lauren Cox according to you isn't a great player.)

Reaction Score
And this is based on what? Her increased scoring during the latter part of the NCAA's. It was just a few games that she hit those shots. Not to say she can not improve, but you have to have a greater sample than just a few games in a row to label someone as a good outside shooter. Players often go through stages where they can not miss. They also go through times when they can not buy a basket. I would have to see a long stretch of games to anoint her a good outside shooter.

Listen I really like DiDi game. She is top defender, but let's take off the homer glasses. To often fans anoint as being improved before they actually show it. Players can have good shooting games, and they can certainly improve with practice, but that skill is not something that suddenly appears this late in a players career. Lets just wait and see what happens before making those type of assumption that her last few games were an example of her norm and not just a hot streak.

Reaction Score
And this is based on what? Her increased scoring during the latter part of the NCAA's. It was just a few games that she hit those shots. Not to say she can not improve, but you have to have a greater sample than just a few games in a row to label someone as a good outside shooter. Players often go through stages where they can not miss. They also go through times when they can not buy a basket. I would have to see a long stretch of games to anoint her a good outside shooter.

Listen I really like DiDi game. She is top defender, but let's take off the homer glasses. To often fans anoint as being improved before they actually show it. Players can have good shooting games, and they can certainly improve with practice, but that skill is not something that suddenly appears this late in a players career. Lets just wait and see what happens before making those type of assumption that her last few games were an example of her norm and not just a hot streak.

Kinda agree...slouch off Didi unless she is in the paint. Make her show the world that her 3pt shot and 15-17 footers can be consistent. I do think we more development she can be better than Jackie Young was at the 3 spot for ND. She is tall, long, quick, amazing defender, but needs that shot to develop more and be consistent.

The player I expect to step up even more will be Landrum. Each season she has shown a lot of growth and I expect to see it more from her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom