November non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

November non-UConn recruiting thread

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
My thought too but I don’t know if Notre Dame offered. Raoul didn’t make note of an offer. Some of the Notre Dame affiliated posters may know more.

To the best of our collective knowledge at the Bench, contact was made but no offer was made to GVS.
Many of us on The Bench figure that she plays in a manner very similar to Maddy Westbeld, who will only be a junior by then.

More to the point, ND has offered and very much is going after very athletic forwards in that classs such as Ayanna Patterson, Isiah Barker and Timea Gardiner. That seems to be the forward focus for Niele Ivey and Irish recruiting coordinator Michaela "Mike" Mabrey.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND posted the Signings of Its Two 2021 Prospects, Olivia Miles & Sonia Citron. They are Coach Ivey's first two signings as Head Coach and she is very excited about both of them, saying they're the epitome of the kind of ball she wants to play in South Bend.

Personally, I agree -- having seen both of them play personally and via web telecasts during the tournament in Chile. Go Irish! Here's the social media package on both, if you're not familiar with Miles or Citron.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
2022 top-50 5-11 SG Carleigh Wenzel announces her top-6:

Another Texan with no Texas schools.

That's a strange combination of schools. She seems to be known for her shooting; doesn't seem like the type of guard that Arizona and Florida State typically recruit, so I'm surprised they are on her list.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
BIG pickup for the Georgia Bulldogs!!! Keeping top talent in state is huge for Joni Taylor if she can keep it up. Most assumed this is where Hollingshead was going and I guess they got one right!! Congrats to the Bulldog fans.

Reaction Score
espnW #58 Lilly Stoddard, an athletic 6-4 forward from Indiana, committed to Purdue yesterday over offers from Iowa, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Washington, Arizona State, Minnesota, Colorado, and others:

She became the 10th member of the espnW top-60 to verbally commit.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
North Carolina offers 2024 mega talent Joyce Edwards, also a UConn POI:

Reaction Score
Why should they? SC hasn’t exactly stayed out of other people’s states.

Because it's UNC and there is some historical hatred left amongst us older Gamecocks. Plus, their men's bb has raided the cherries from SC since we left the ACC.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Because it's UNC and there is some historical hatred left amongst us older Gamecocks. Plus, their men's bb has raided the cherries from SC since we left the ACC.
Okay but isn’t Rivers from NC? Looks like it’s good for the gander.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Thats one thing I give Staley credit for.... she build that wall up on the SC/NC Border... the Tarheels used to raid yall like nobody's business.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thats one thing I give Staley credit for.... she build that wall up on the SC/NC Border... the Tarheels used to raid yall like nobody's business.
It's pretty much a prerequisite for any coach who wants to reach and maintain nationally elite status to draw elite talent from beyond the state boundaries. I can't think of a single program that has been able to do so without it. Not in my memory, anyway. Maybe Jody Conradt and Kim Mulkey came the closest, drawing largely from in-state talent. But at least one of Conradt's starters on her undefeated team (and one of her all-time greats) Andrea Lloyd, hailed from Moscow, Idaho. Mulkey's first superstar at Baylor, Sophia Young, was "raided" from across the Sabine River.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom