NOVA vs FLA ST 1:00 pm | The Boneyard

NOVA vs FLA ST 1:00 pm

Reaction Score
Casual hoop fans can watch too.
Serious UCONN hoop fans will also tape it and watch again prior to Nova + FLA. ST.
games.

Reaction Score
I’m actually a follower of FSU hoops as my entire family went there. FSU is an incredibly balanced team. Will be a huge challenge for UConn especially with the 7’4 Tacko Fall lite they have

Reaction Score
Rooting for Nova here. FSU should still be Top 25 even with a lose. Nova would climb a few spots closer in the receiving votes category too.

Reaction Score
Villanova has tons of turnovers. Might have trouble with Hurley’s defense

Reaction Score
I see a lot of similarities between what Cosby Roundtree is for Nova and what Mamadou could be for us. Gets tough rebounds and finishes.

Reaction Score
Florida St.'s big guy is kind of a stiff though he can pass. Gillespie looks like a solid guard in the mold(a little quicker and craftier) of the Iowa ones who gave us headaches.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I get the sense we will, at the very least, be competitive with both of these teams. I'd be very happy with a split. 0-2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we can beat Zona.

Could struggle heavily on the interior against these teams and any top 50 team, but I like our backcourt in both of these matchups. Polley will be the X factor and it would be a huge bonus if we get some level of contribution from Sid, especially on the boards (along with CV).

Reaction Score
I get the sense we will, at the very least, be competitive with both of these teams. I'd be very happy with a split. 0-2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we can beat Zona.

Could struggle heavily on the interior against these teams and any top 50 team, but I like our backcourt in both of these matchups. Polley will be the X factor and it would be a huge bonus if we get some level of contribution from Sid, especially on the boards (along with CV).
We should be able to compete against Villanova up front. They definitely aren't imposing there. They are a bunch of guards and wings for the most part. Pretty similar to us.

Reaction Score
When’s Cofer getting back for the Seminoles? (He should’ve been ours)

Hurley will have them competing in both of those games will need to take care of the ball and a couple bigs will need to step up but we will have a shot to get a couple Ws or at least a split.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gillespie looks identical to Arcidiacano, it weirds me out.
The starting pg number 2? I've watched a couple games and he looks lost. Doesn't shoot at all

Reaction Score
JQ not playing again. Something to monitor.
Any idea why he isn’t getting minutes? Interesting considering Gillespie is only a sophomore and almost certainly a 4 year player.

Reaction Score
Any idea why he isn’t getting minutes? Interesting considering Gillespie is only a sophomore and almost certainly a 4 year player.

The general consensus is that his defense leaves much to be desired, and he looks to score rather than pass, but it is interesting to monitor because Jay Wright does not traditionally coach the one and done and this could be used against him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom