Fort the ead!
- Aug 26, 2011
- A disappointing outcome, and an even more disappointing because despite playing poorly, we managed to stay in it until late.
- Bouk was on fire early. After tweaking his elbow, he was a different player. Couldn't make a jump shot, and lost the ball almost every time he tried to drive. When he met the first line of resistance heading for the hoop, he turned his back on the pressure and got the ball tipped away or flat out taken away from him. Still, he managed to hit for 21 and had a double double. I can't help thinking that if he never banged his elbow today, we win this game by double digits. Can't imagine how ugly it would have been without him.
- No one should ever pass the ball to Sanogo on the perimeter. He's good (and will be great at some point) in the interior. But put the ball in his hands much more than 10 feet from the rim, and he doesn't know what to do with it.
- We fell right back into passing/weaving around the perimeter instead of attacking early in the clock.
- How does Gillespie get away with jamming his shoulder into the defender then pushing him off every time he drives? If I was the ref, he'd foul out in the first half. I did smile when he tried it against Tyrese and just bounced off him though.
- Whaley seems to have regressed offensively, and on the boards. He did have 4 blocks today, but his rebounding and shooting were Carltonesque.
- My memories of Nova may be skewed by the Rollie years, but I always think of them as a finesse team. This team is very physical, and seems to get Duke treatment from the refs.
- Other than Bouk, Cole had an OK game, and Martin played strong, especially on the boards. Everyone else, not so much.
- Our "bigs" got us 6 boards. Bouk and Martin had 21 between them.
- I'm gonna stop here. Can't find anything else decent to say about our guys today, and I'm tired of pointing out problems and defects that pop out at me every time I replay a little of the game. I've got nothing left except complaining about the officiating, and I don't want to sound like a broken record on that.