Nova ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Nova ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. So I watch the 1st half, and I'm like, "OK, we're playing crummy, but so are they, and this thing is doable." I have to drive somewhere at half time, and when I get there and hook up to their wifi to watch the rest of the game on my phone, we're down 10. WTFFFFF? OK, calm down Rich. We can make up 10 points in.... Huh, in the time it took to say hello to 3 people, the deficit increased to 20. The hell with this.
  2. Polley does not know what rebounding position is. I'll bet he was an early grower and got rebounds in HS just by being tall. I watched him on three straight possessions, turn toward the hoop after the shot went up, and suddenly discover that there were 2 or 3 nova guys between him and the rim. He had to know a shot was coming when the pass went to an open AG or JA on the wing opposite the elbow he was standing at. That's when you turn and move toward the hoop, kid. On the pass. Not after the shot hits the rim.
  3. Yo, CV. THIS is the game you shoulda started chucking. You're hitting. None of your teammates are. Shoot more, dammit! Oh, wait. Jalen keeps shooting instead of passing you the ball. Sorry, not really your fault.
  4. I don't really have anything else to say. It was easy to get distracted from this debacle, especially since I had to watch the 2nd half on my phone.
  5. Did you know that a 20 point hole looks just as big on a teeny-tiny screen as it does on a 60" screen? How does that work?
  6. Cobb? He in the dog house again?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Something I noticed, that was confirmed in the Hurley presser. When we were on defense in the first half it was in front of our bench and Hurley was running the defense from the sideline, screaming assignments at the team. At the beginning of the second half when we were on the other end on D, Hurley tried to do the same thing by going outside of the box at which point Jay Wright became irate and got a T, followed by Hurley getting a warning for going outside of the coaches box. The defense completely fell apart after that point. The defense clearly needs to be instructed on what to do. We need a player(cough AG) to be able to understand what we’re trying to do on defense and make those calls.

Reaction Score
Something I noticed, that was confirmed in the Hurley presser. When we were on defense in the first half it was in front of our bench and Hurley was running the defense from the sideline, screaming assignments at the team. At the beginning of the second half when we were on the other end on D, Hurley tried to do the same thing by going outside of the box at which point Jay Wright became irate and got a T, followed by Hurley getting a warning for going outside of the coaches box. The defense completely fell apart after that point. The defense clearly needs to be instructed on what to do. We need a player(cough AG) to be able to understand what we’re trying to do on defense and make those calls.

Those calls need to be made by bigs most of the time because they're behind the play. A big adjustment for big men at this level is learning to QB their team.

I remember reading about how Andre really struggled with it in the NBA

Reaction Score
  1. So I watch the 1st half, and I'm like, "OK, we're playing crummy, but so are they, and this thing is doable." I have to drive somewhere at half time, and when I get there and hook up to their wifi to watch the rest of the game on my phone, we're down 10. WTFFFFF? OK, calm down Rich. We can make up 10 points in.... Huh, in the time it took to say hello to 3 people, the deficit increased to 20. The hell with this.
  2. Polley does not know what rebounding position is. I'll bet he was an early grower and got rebounds in HS just by being tall. I watched him on three straight possessions, turn toward the hoop after the shot went up, and suddenly discover that there were 2 or 3 nova guys between him and the rim. He had to know a shot was coming when the pass went to an open AG or JA on the wing opposite the elbow he was standing at. That's when you turn and move toward the hoop, kid. On the pass. Not after the shot hits the rim.
  3. Yo, CV. THIS is the game you shoulda started chucking. You're hitting. None of your teammates are. Shoot more, dammit! Oh, wait. Jalen keeps shooting instead of passing you the ball. Sorry, not really your fault.
  4. I don't really have anything else to say. It was easy to get distracted from this debacle, especially since I had to watch the 2nd half on my phone.
  5. Did you know that a 20 point hole looks just as big on a teeny-tiny screen as it does on a 60" screen? How does that work?
  6. Cobb? He in the dog house again?
It's really unfortunate they had wifi!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom