Nova Played Today, Tuesday's Game is Probably On. | The Boneyard

Nova Played Today, Tuesday's Game is Probably On.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looking to see how we handle Maddy Siegrist.

Maddy Siegrist now has three career 30+ games, including two this season…Siegrist has now scored 20 or more points in five of the seven games this year and 20 times in her career…Today was the sixth double-double of the season for Siegrist and 17th of her career…With today's victory, Wildcat head coach Denise Dillon has tied Harry Perretta for most wins to start a career in Villanova women's basketball history with seven…Villanova improves to 4-0 at home this season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to think Evina will get the job.

Maddy Siegrist now has three career 30+ games, including two this season…Siegrist has now scored 20 or more points in five of the seven games this year and 20 times in her career…Today was the sixth double-double of the season for Siegrist and 17th of her career…With today's victory, Wildcat head coach Denise Dillon has tied Harry Perretta for most wins to start a career in Villanova women's basketball history with seven…Villanova improves to 4-0 at home this season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Good, wouldn't want Geno to miss out on those Philly Cheese Steaks he's planning on being smuggled to his room.
I have some bad news for ya Rock, Geno told Meg and Alan after the game that the "pre-game meal" at 'Nova will be a box dinner in the hotel room due to Philadelphia's quarantine limiting gatherings that even the team can't eat together. He mentioned he will see if he could get someone to smuggle in some cheesesteaks and Zeps...:cool:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Since I grew up in the same hometown as Maddy, Poughkeepsie, NY, I'm looking forward to watching Siegrist. She's a graduate of Our Lady of Lourdes High School in Poughkeepsie, NY. She was an All-State player at Lourdes. For some, Our Lady of Lourdes may have a familiar ring. It was at Lourdes that Marist College women's basketball coach Brian Georgis won 3 or 4 state titles before moving on to Marist.

Reaction Score

I believe this game is why Geno said that we are not a good defense team, "YET" as "we don't know if we have a lockdown defender" like put Gabby on her, Kia on the other...

It may be defense by committee on Siegrist, but the challenge is out there. It usually is a short conversation on the side of the court with Geno saying "_______, we need you to shut down _______." The results are usually single digits for the opponent for that game, when they come into the game averaging 20+ ppg. It will be interesting to see who gets the short conversation....

Also, The seven teams she has faced do not have the talent we have in the "guard shack" as their guards still need to deliver the ball, and ONO is so much better at going straight up and keeping the blocked shot in play who OUR guards to collect it and start the fast break. That will lead to Siegrist pushing up more contested shots to try to get back into the ballgame.

Hopefully, we will see another 10+ to ZERO run to start the Villanova game.... Go Huskies!!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Good, wouldn't want Geno to miss out on those Philly Cheese Steaks he's planning on being smuggled to his room.
Geno is going to have Zeps smuggled to the team from this little spot in Norristown. So as to avoid complications the smuggling will be done by a few of Geno's former HS classmates that are now in law enforcement.
1608575099777.png
1608575345086.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Maybe she needs her own thread...oh wait :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun article by Carl about Villanoa's Kenzie Gardler (Meghan Gardler's Niece) playing UConn

After the Hawks opened play with a win over Georgia, mother and daughter stayed to watch No. 1 UConn take the floor. With the Huskies on their way to a rout of Prairie View A&M, Kenzie had a question for mom.

“Can I go play for Geno?” she said.

Why not? The Gardler family has had an impact on UConn since Geno Auriemma was hired in 1985. Kenzie’s grandfather, Bud, was Auriemma’s coach at Bishop Kenrick High in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Her aunt, Meghan, was a member of the 2009 and 2010 UConn national championship teams. Katie Gardler (Mom) had played against the Huskies in the early 1990s.
Why shouldn’t Kenzie dream big?

“I got to see my aunt do it and it was a goal of mine,” Kenzie Gardler said Monday. “But I soon came to the realization that I wasn’t at that level. I decided that at 5-foot-4, I won’t be playing for Geno.”

If you can’t join them, try to beat them. :rolleyes:

One question does remain coming in: Will Meghan Gardler root for her niece or her alma mater?

“I would think me,” Kenzie Gardler said with a laugh. “She said last year, ‘I guess I’m a Villanova fan now.’ She’ll choose blood.” :eek:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom