nova got smacked again... | The Boneyard

nova got smacked again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They kept it a game against a VERY good Missouri team...wouldnt call it getting smacked

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They kept it a game against a VERY good Missouri team...wouldnt call it getting smacked
i guess i just watched it here and there and really didn't see a close score :( my b

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This year's Villanova reminds me of Lappas' last few teams. Technically pretty good but not much talent and not likely to beat anyone good. Villanova was never in the game tonight despite Missouri missing one wide open shot and layup after another. I am really surprised at how far the talent level has slipped at Villanova.

Reaction Score
Nova's loss was like Uconn's wins. They never had a chance, but the other team couldn't get past a 17 or so point lead and the differential fluctuated between 8-18. It wasn't a game since 10 minutes in though.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say smacked they played a very good Missouri team that may be the best team in the Big 12 this year, they certainly looked a lot better than they past couple games, other guys stepped up today. They could surprise in the Big East if they keep improving like they have.

Reaction Score
UW gives up more easy fast break buckets than any team I've seen in a while. They just have no interest in getting back defensively.

Reaction Score
This year's Villanova reminds me of Lappas' last few teams. Technically pretty good but not much talent and not likely to beat anyone good. Villanova was never in the game tonight despite Missouri missing one wide open shot and layup after another. I am really surprised at how far the talent level has slipped at Villanova.
Nova's talent isn't that bad but Mizzu is that good and one of the best kept secrets in college bball, Nova's just really really young.

Reaction Score
Good win for Marquette, Crowder hit a huge 3 for the win. Darius Johnson Odom is a great player, Terrence Ross for Washington is damn good, unreal athlete.

Reaction Score
watching Phil Pressey play for Mizzou its easy to see why AO said he was his favorite PG to play with.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly isn't Wright the negative recruiter against JC and Uconn. Always seems respectful in print and on TV but in private has supposedly said negative things about JC. So if I believe this he and his wildcats can not lose enough IMHO.

Reaction Score
Nova can't lose enough games for my liking. Throw in Syracuse and Pitt also.

I think Nova will be a tough game this year though.

Reaction Score
suffice to say we would smack mizzou, their one big man would get neutrilized. Boatright would have a field day

Reaction Score
I am not sure anyone is going to really smack mizzou- they have a very solid team and play great D- I was impressed. They could be a sleeper this year if you can be a sleeper and still ranked in the top 10 teams in the country.

Reaction Score
Sorry to rant but Jay W . has won SQUAT in his years. Good comp teams but no real threat in the Dance.We must discount the FF year when the Regional was cozily held on his home turf ala the Cuse the year they won it. Another thing-- does he recruit anybody over 6-6.? They have not had a post since Ed Pinckey!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sorry to rant but Jay W . has won SQUAT in his years. Good comp teams but no real threat in the Dance.We must discount the FF year when the Regional was cozily held on his home turf ala the Cuse the year they won it. Another thing-- does he recruit anybody over 6-6.? They have not had a post since Ed Pinckey!!!!!!!!!!!

He has a couple S16s, one E8, and that one final four. Throw in some early exits and NITs and it looks a lot like Boeheim sans Carmelo.

Reaction Score
suffice to say we would smack mizzou, their one big man would get neutrilized. Boatright would have a field day

Is that the only argument for us 'smacking' a very good team. Love your confidence but in our own conference games we would be hard press to 'smack' even Nova.

Reaction Score

That regional was played in Boston, and Mouphtaou Yarou is 6-10" and averaging 16 & 8.

Reaction Score
Listen I just think mizzou's hectic style of play would be easy for us to score against. And they do have one 6'8 big man. Don't get your panties in a twist over my vernacular.

Reaction Score
He has a couple S16s, one E8, and that one final four. Throw in some early exits and NITs and it looks a lot like Boeheim sans Carmelo.
he has as many Final Fours as Virginia Commonwealth. Gets me when people talk about Georgetown and Villanova as if they are some significant national powers. They are essentially second tier "powers" that haven't been relevant on a national stage in 25 years. Comparable to Wake Forest or NC State of the ACC.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Mizzou forces a ton of turnovers, are great in transition, and they shoot the 3 very well also.

They remind me a lot of what Villanova used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom