Notre Dame's Electronic Scorers Table... | The Boneyard

Notre Dame's Electronic Scorers Table...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not sure how many of you were actually watching the changing scorers table that ran the midcourt... but I could not help to notice it. I had the game DVR-ed and rewatched it and wrote down some of the things Notre Dame posted....(bragged about).... and was thinking... what would it say if UCONN did the same thing

• 2001 National Champs
  • 5 Time National Finalist
  • 7 Final Fours
  • 14 Sweet Sixteens
  • 19 All Americans
  • 22 Conference Championships (Not sure how they came up with this number....)
  • 11 Conference Player of the Years (maybe if you combine POY and FOY in the ACC)
  • 3 Olympians
  • 4 WNBA All Stars
  • 6 WNBA Champions
  • 16 WNBA Players (I think this means all time not current)
So what would UCONN's list look like? To think Geno had 6 Huskies in Rio this year (Kia for Canada).... that doubles ND just this summer alone ;)

Reaction Score
I do not know why but I thought of this Meme....

Attachments

• a-peck-on-the-cheek-eh-photo-u1.jpg
    a-peck-on-the-cheek-eh-photo-u1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 78
Reaction Score
They could have a slide for every year UConn won a championship and be done with it. :cool: 11 > 1.

But in all seriousness, I didn't even notice. (I was too busy watching Gabulous tear up the floor.) But now that I know, it's actually a really neat idea. A nice way to highlight stats that casual fans don't always know and would be interested to learn about.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I believe ND had that running two years ago. No big deal.

Reaction Score
I saw that and was laughing.
UConn can have 10 times the list long.
Such as: Ex-player in college coach, in media, in WNBA top draft, in top HS recruit..etc.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am not sure how many of you were actually watching the changing scorers table that ran the midcourt... but I could not help to notice it. I had the game DVR-ed and rewatched it and wrote down some of the things Notre Dame posted....(bragged about).... and was thinking... what would it say if UCONN did the same thing

• 2001 National Champs
  • 5 Time National Finalist
  • 7 Final Fours
  • 14 Sweet Sixteens
  • 19 All Americans
  • 22 Conference Championships (Not sure how they came up with this number....)
  • 11 Conference Player of the Years (maybe if you combine POY and FOY in the ACC)
  • 3 Olympians
  • 4 WNBA All Stars
  • 6 WNBA Champions
  • 16 WNBA Players (I think this means all time not current)
So what would UCONN's list look like? To think Geno had 6 Huskies in Rio this year (Kia for Canada).... that doubles ND just this summer alone ;)
I did notice it a couple of times. I was watching on analog TV in Mexico, so the picture was not crisp at all. I saw the Sweet Sixteen and WNBA Player counts.

UConn would need a 5-OT game to get through hall of their notable successes.

Reaction Score
Actually, ND has an outstanding WBB history, it simply pales in comparison to UCONN......but then again, who dosen't???

Without UCONN, Muffet's teams have dominated the national discourse, and she promotes her players as the "best", this year being Lindsay Allen's turn to be signaled out. Many times Muffet has chosen one of her stars as a headliner only to later lose out to a Husky player, like Stewie or Jefferson. And they have been to a lot of final fours, running into UCONN buzz saws at the worst possible times. Skylar refused to cry, McBride not so much, Cable screaming her frustration at what appeared to be a contradiction, her coach saying they were the best, and then coughing it up at the end. I like these endings much better than "it sucks to be you" scenarios. Good coaching trumps ND pr.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You are correct... I just find their "bragable" things to be funny...
There are innumerable D1 teams not named UConn who would give their figurative left arm to be able to have those bragging rights.

There are times when I find the UConn view of things just overwhelming. Do you guys seriously not realize how much better you are - coaching and talent - than every other team, with only a few even within shouting distance? And the few teams that have somewhat comparable talent (they lose it on depth) often don't have the coach that can challenge, and a few good coaches can't get the talent they need. Notre Dame has a lot to brag about because they have consistently been close enough to (and have) actually win a game against UConn, though it has been a while.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Its no big deal. ND is publishing their accomplishments and they should.

Despite the fact of the rivalry between us and ND, Muffet has done an excellent job of building the program to national prominence for a long time. Each program has the right to "brag" about their achievements in what ever medium the choose.

We hang our banners from the rafters. ND has their electronic message board. I'm sure Maryland, Baylor, Tennesse and others have their way. Its all good.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
There are innumerable D1 teams not named UConn who would give their figurative left arm to be able to have those bragging rights.

There are times when I find the UConn view of things just overwhelming. Do you guys seriously not realize how much better you are - coaching and talent - than every other team, with only a few even within shouting distance? And the few teams that have somewhat comparable talent (they lose it on depth) often don't have the coach that can challenge, and a few good coaches can't get the talent they need. Notre Dame has a lot to brag about because they have consistently been close enough to (and have) actually win a game against UConn, though it has been a while.

ND has a fine program. UCONN does not get better by trivializing others.

Reaction Score
ND has a fine program. UCONN does not get better by trivializing others.
Not sure what the big deal is. UConn recruits 2-4 players each year. ND has a great program and has to recruit as well. As the old saying goes, when the bear is chasing you and someone else just be faster. ND is trying to be faster than all the other non-UConn schools.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is. UConn recruits 2-4 players each year. ND has a great program and has to recruit as well. As the old saying goes, when the bear is chasing you and someone else just be faster. ND is trying to be faster than all the other non-UConn schools.

HopJim...the current state of my reading and comprehension skill(s) has reached new heights(lows?), as I do not understand your post or know what it has to do with my quoted post. IAC, I get the bear stuff.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Who are the three Olympians? Achonwa, was Ruth Riley on a team? Who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom