Notre Dame WBB Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame WBB Video

Reaction Score
No, I haven't. Remember, there's Patti Smyth of Scandal and married to John McEnroe and then there's Patty Smith whom you reference in your post. She's known for a much different type music, among other things:

Wow have I been confused all these years - I thought they were the same Patti(y). (Way) back when I lived in CT the Wadsworth Atheneum hosted a Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit. The conservative city of Cincinnati had just made news by refusing to allow it to be exhibited there (Marge Schott days). Very controversial at the time. Although I wasn't excited about the controversial part, I was intrigued by his photos of Patty Smith.

FF to years later - first time I visited City Lights bookstore in SF her book was a "manager's special." Something about it made me buy it. Then 8-10 years later I went to City Lights again and the book was still the "manager's special". Either it does well in that slot, or they only change it every 10 years or so.

Anyway, I had to break out the headphones and stop watching Angels and Demons - enjoying both Patti/y songs!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Let me venture over the Duke board to see if can find any UConn regulars. ;)

Lemme go do some editing and deleting real quick :confused:

Roadrunner.jpg

:p :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ugh. That was cringeworthy. There must be a recruit whose favorite show is Scandal.

From what I can tell from social media, Scandal is hugely popular among wcbb players (as are the other Shonda Rhimes shows, Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away With Murder).

I know I've seen Niele talking about those shows on twitter. I don't know if she did this for someone particular or not but she is genuinely a fan of the show.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Your Thoughts????

My thought - Y'all are taking this too seriously. Seems to me like it was just Ivey and Eria Williamson having some fun with an homage to a favorite TV show.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I'm not really sure what the message is supposed to be.
They worked hard to get Diggens? So?
I understand that they dropped lines about how valuable a Notre Dame degree is and how good a coach Muffet is, but that's nothing new to any recruit. I've got to think they were just doing a parody for fun. And they probably had fun and the players and recruits probably got a kick out of seeing the staff act like they did.
BTW, has Muffet aged a lot over the last year or what? Maybe it was just the lighting and makeup.

JS

Reaction Score
They worked hard to get Diggens? So?
If it required a lot of work, something was wrong.

Diggins was born in South Bend. Lived there all her life until her pro career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom