Notre Dame WBB Video | The Boneyard

Notre Dame WBB Video

Reaction Score
The scandal was the acting---
I don't know if it's a scandal--but the NcAA game in Indiana--where Faris went Head to head with Diggins ---was close .
If you showed this to me 2 years ago--I could have made 10 negative comments about Ivey and Diggins --today, ho--hum.

The "acting," huh? You think it's easy to pretend that Muffet is the best coach in the country? Go over to a mirror and say it a few times. Can't stop smiling, huh?

Reaction Score
What the hell was the point of this. Perhaps to show one obnoxious coach -- whoever she is, she cannot act worth a tinker's dam -- able to boss around two older ones. If that's how it works there -- "Now get after it, ladies!!!" -- I cannot imagine why anyone would work there. Is it supposed to show how successful recruiting works, 'cause it doesn't do that. Is it supposed to show how an efetve coaching team works together>? Nope. Doesn't do that. Niele Ivey, who produced and directed this thing, should definitely not quit her day job.

Reaction Score
The "acting," huh? You think it's easy to pretend that Muffet is the best coach in the country? Go over to a mirror and say it a few times. Can't stop smiling, huh?
\
Ok---I was wrong---it was great acting!! Ivey, as a player and now as an assistant--was and is a favorite ND player/Coach. It is quiet accurate to think ND recruited well over the years.

Reaction Score
Sad, Pathetic, horrible, lame, idiotic... these are just a few of the nicer words that come to mind when I saw this.

I am so glad that in her four years there... Notre Dame won not a single National Title.
And what was up with their hair???? and that acting.....

Oh and Ivy shouldn't lie like she did when she said they had the best coach in America..... That is Geno.

Kim Mulkey is a better coach.. she at least has 2 titles... same with Tara...
It has been 16 years since Muffet won a title... Just think about that stat....

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
The acting is terrible, but...
Has anyone ever seen the tv show Scandal? It is a play on that. Beautiful Kerry Washington bossing people around

The people posting in thread thus far aren't exactly in the Scandal demographic :D

My first thought was, "Oh, that iPhone wasn't around in 2008."

My other thought was "Oh, just the one national title trophy?"

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sad, Pathetic, horrible, lame, idiotic... these are just a few of the nicer words that come to mind when I saw this.

I am so glad that in her four years there... Notre Dame won not a single National Title.
And what was up with their hair???? and that acting.....

Oh and Ivy shouldn't lie like she did when she said they had the best coach in America..... That is Geno.

Kim Mulkey is a better coach.. she at least has 2 titles... same with Tara...
It has been 16 years since Muffet won a title... Just think about that stat....

nJn7RPX.png

HGN

Reaction Score
I thought it was a decent take and video..............ND had to do something , anything , to show recruits after they saw the HBO Documentary on UCONN. To counter the HBO documentary ND put together a comedy. So let them have that.

I thought it interesting that they had to go all the way back to Skylar Diggins to find a player worthy to do the show on. But then I said who else could they have based the show on that potential recruits could recognize with? It's not like they had a recent FF MOP, or a Championship Game MOP(4yrs running) to point to. So Skylar was it. I understand that. Good choice in my mine , feeble as it may be.

So I say let them have their video. Quite frankly I am too busy counting Wins and NC's to be concerned.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a decent take and video....ND had to do something , anything , to show recruits after they saw the HBO Documentary on UConn. To counter the HBO documentary ND put together a comedy. So let them have that.

I thought it interesting that they had to go all the way back to Skylar Diggins to find a player worthy to do the show on. But then I said who else could they have based the show on that potential recruits could recognize with? It's not like they had a recent FF MOP, or a Championship Game MOP(4yrs running) to point to. So Skylar was it. I understand that. Good choice in my mine , feeble as it may be.

So I say let them have their video. Quite frankly I am too busy counting Wins and NC's to be concerned.
You're joking, right? That amateur production is their answer to HBO? I would never have thought that would be the inspiration, and honestly, I find that hard to believe. It was not funny enough to be a comedy, nor is it likely that ND would produce a parody, because they would be sending up themselves, and a lot of high school age recruits would not understand that style. The best response to HBO would have been dignified silence, and this sure wasn't that.

HGN

Reaction Score
You're joking, right? That amateur production is their answer to HBO? I would never have thought that would be the inspiration, and honestly, I find that hard to believe. It was not funny enough to be a comedy, nor is it likely that ND would produce a parody, because they would be sending up themselves, and a lot of high school age recruits would not understand that style. The best response to HBO would have been dignified silence, and this sure wasn't that.
Tomcat , they had to produce it themselves.. How long do you think they would have to wait for HBO, ESPN , CNN , Fox Sports, etc....to come ask to do something similar to the HBO Documentary ?? Maybe after they win 4 NC's in a row like UCONN did? ND didn't want to wait that long in my opinion.

I called it a comedy because I heard a statement made in the video referring MM to be the best coach in WCBB. I don't know about you but that statement drew a hearty laugh from me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The scandal? That they are dumb enough to think Muffet is the best coach in the country! How many NCs since the "Program Changer" went to nd? Uh, none!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
lemme venture over to the ND board to see if I can find a UConn WCBB video :p
Let me venture over the Duke board to see if can find any UConn regulars. ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks for that!

Have you read this?
View attachment 23398

No, I haven't. Remember, there's Patti Smyth of Scandal and married to John McEnroe and then there's Patty Smith whom you reference in your post. She's known for a much different type music, among other things:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom