Notre Dame @ Miami - 12/31/20 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Miami - 12/31/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Not quite sure what uniforms Miami is wearing. It looks like a bumble bee on the front. Is this a throwback uniform thing?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Miami on a 12-0 run...timeout Notre Dame, 13-4 Hurricanes, 5:09 left 1st quarter.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nice response from Notre Dame...10-0 run to take a 14-13 lead.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Notre Dame outscored Miami 15-2 down the stretch in the second quarter. Irish lead by 9 at the half.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Miami opened up the 3rd quarter on a 9-0 run. 33-31, Irish, 8:05 left 3rd quarter.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Day after thoughts (I was conversing over on The Bench during the game):
  • Destinee Walker and Maddy Westbeld carried the Irish in the first half.
  • In the second, both Dara Mabrey and Sam Brunelle came to life. The duo snuffed out the last Miami run with back to back threes in the fourth qtr.
  • Katlyn Gilbert did not play and no information was forthcoming. As such, Walker got a lot of minutes and Anaya Peoples/Abby Prohaska split time at the other guard.
  • This, to the best of my memory, is the most minutes Brunelle has played (30 minutes) and she's rounding into form, which the Irish could use.
  • Both Brunelle and Mabrey are shooting 48% from three-pt. land and Westbeld is a tick over 40% if memory serves and the Irish now have five players in double figures (Westbeld, Walker, Mabrey, Peoples, Brunelle).
  • Have to work on unforced turnovers and free-thow percentage. Starting to affect Westbeld, even.

Rematch with Georgia Tech on Sunday. Have no idea why, but that's also being played at Purcell Pavilion in ND.

Reaction Score
Day after thoughts (I was conversing over on The Bench during the game):
  • Destinee Walker and Maddy Westbeld carried the Irish in the first half.
  • In the second, both Dara Mabrey and Sam Brunelle came to life. The duo snuffed out the last Miami run with back to back threes in the fourth qtr.
  • Katlyn Gilbert did not play and no information was forthcoming. As such, Walker got a lot of minutes and Anaya Peoples/Abby Prohaska split time at the other guard.
  • This, to the best of my memory, is the most minutes Brunelle has played (30 minutes) and she's rounding into form, which the Irish could use.
  • Both Brunelle and Mabrey are shooting 48% from three-pt. land and Westbeld is a tick over 40% if memory serves and the Irish now have five players in double figures (Westbeld, Walker, Mabrey, Peoples, Brunelle).
  • Have to work on unforced turnovers and free-thow percentage. Starting to affect Westbeld, even.

Rematch with Georgia Tech on Sunday. Have no idea why, but that's also being played at Purcell Pavilion in ND.
Any idea why Ali Campbell gets no minutes?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Any idea why Ali Campbell gets no minutes?

It's a good question and one that is perplexing many McGraw's Bench regulars.
With no inside knowledge, I think the first answer is that there are simply too many off-guards on the ND roster: Anaya Peoples, Katlyn Gilbert and Destinee Walker all averaged double figures last year and Abby Prohaska is back from her lung issues (knock on wood and thank the heavens).

Campbell played in the first four games that Gilbert missed. She didn't show much offensively, but I think she was deferring to her elders. However, she played decent defense and rebounded well. And she was getting meaningful playing time. ND fans were a bit surprised when she went from double-digit minutes to zip. Had to have been Gilbert's return. Ivey likes Gilbert's length (a Campbell feature, too), but Katlyn missed yesterday's game and Ali still stayed glued to her seat.

I think Niele wants (despearately) to maximize the play of her returners plus Westbeld (who is the real deal). Still, most Domer fans would like to see Ali get some minutes to see what she's got and keep Ms. Campell from thinking of open courts elsewhere.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom