Notre Dame Hires DC | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Hires DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This makes me nervous. His last job in college was as the DC at Auburn last year. They went 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC.

Reaction Score
There were a lot of issues at Auburn last year. I don't know anything about the guy, but he probably had good credentials to get hired as DC at Auburn, and I don't know that it's fair to hold that dumpster-fire-of-a-season against him.

Reaction Score
Ha... VanGoder (DC) and Bob Diaco (RB/ST) were on the Western Illinois staff when Don Patterson was the head coach back in 2000. Small world - eh?

Reaction Score
This makes me nervous. His last job in college was as the DC at Auburn last year. They went 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC.
Since Brian VanGorder won the 2003 Broyles Award as college football's top assistant, I suspect he still knows a little bit about football. Just because Auburn had a down year in 2012 and Broder's coached with the Jets, he may not be clueless. VanGorder may even know a bit more than most of us combined on this and other football message boards, including the heralded, all-knowing Notre Dame board. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Since Brian VanGorder won the 2003 Broyles Award as college football's top assistant, I suspect he still knows a little bit about football. Just because Auburn had a down year in 2012 and Broder's coached with the Jets, he may not be clueless. VanGorder may even know a bit more than most of us combined on this and other football message boards, including the heralded, all-knowing Notre Dame board. :rolleyes:

That's a good point, awards mean a lot, although it should be noted that both Charlie Weis and Ty Willingham won National Coach of the year awards. And one of them is losing at Kansas while the other is an assistant women's golf coach at Stanford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom